P2P Procurement Specialist
Job ID: JOB-12447
P2P Procurement Specialist
We are looking to speak with experienced Supply Chain Professionals about this great new job opportunity in Galway with one of our leading clients. Our client, a leading photochromic company, are looking to attract a P2P Procurement Specialist to join the Global Supply Chain Team.
This company stands out for their culture, exceptional career development pathways and unrivalled rewards and recognition packages including healthcare, bonus, pension and stocks for employees at all levels. Apply to us to find out more about this great job opportunity in Supply Chain in Galway and we can talk through if it’s the right job for you. Based in Galway this role is commutable from Mayo and Roscommon.
This role within the Sourcing & Procurement (S&P) function will be responsible for a number of key business areas. You will be working with S&P professionals in the Transitions and Essilor organizations as well as being part of multi-disciplinary teams within the Transitions organization. In this position, you will perform a variety of sourcing & procurement activities in accordance with group principles and standards. In addition, you will be an integral part of the team responsible for the implementation of a new SAP ERP system, and provide advice and support within area of expertise to functional or operational areas to help develop efficient and streamlined P2P (Procure-2-Pay) processes within the company.
This role works through influence vs direct line authority (since most processes cut across multiple functions)
Preparing Transitions Optical for deployment of the P2P process into the new SAP ERP system:
- Play an active role in the “Fit and Gap” exercise between existing ERP system and new SAP system
- Help develop solutions to resolve identified gap in the proposed P2P processes
- Help develop the necessary P2P process/systems training for the new SAP system
- Distribute communications as necessary to keep information flowing
- Work with Shared Services to ensure a smooth transfer of purchasing transactions to new SAP platform
- Work with suppliers on changes that will impact them
Providing functional support across the end to end P2P process:
- Ensure the process operates to targeted design and performance
- Drive problem identification and resolution to process issues
- Take strategic direction/initiatives from the business and translates them into specific actions for the P2P process
- Maintain continuity with the global P2P agenda and cascades this into the entity
- Significant experience in the S&P function
- Strong influencing skills; able to leverage indirect authority when needed
- Knowledge of the scope and activities for P2P process
- SAP ERP experience desirable
- Data oriented; able to take process data available to arrive at insights into performance and problems to address
- Collaborative and team focused; understands the need to build and develop teamwork
- Comfortable working at the top level of the organization as well as sitting down with front line employees to understand their work and issues
- Some flexibility with work schedule may be required
- All employees have a responsibility to contribute to the Group’s sustainability and in doing so ensure that we can continue to fulfil our mission.
- All business decisions and actions must serve and be in line with the Group’s sustainability goals and mission
- An employee must abide by the legal compliance policy in the performing of his/her duties
For more information on this role in Galway please contact Terry Mcauliffe on 086-0468858 or email email@example.com Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/ Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12597 Accounts Assistant Our client, a leading manufacturing company in Galway City, is …
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12596 Product Design Engineer Job Summary Reporting to the engineering manager, the project design engineer- MIS will support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12037 Quality Systems Engineer Our Client, a global leader in medical device manufacturing…