Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Packaging and Labelling Engineer for their site in Galway. This position offers an opportunity for engagement in a number of critical Packaging & Labelling strategic programs at the Galway site.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Project management execution on Packaging/R&D engineering projects at the Galway site.
- Lead continuous improvement projects in the area of P&L.
- Participate in multifunctional sub Teams in executing P&L deliverables on next generation devices.
- To develop new innovative packaging concepts to be used on next generation products, in line with Marketing plans.
- Co-ordinate the introduction and overall evaluation of new materials as required for the Packaging operation activity.
- Participate actively with a broad array of support Vendors in supporting Packaging and R&D requirements.
- Support Tooling Development (Injection, Die Cut, etc.) for packaging components and accessory components to the device as required.
- Monitor specific in country regulations as they apply to Packaging Materials and Processes.
- Evolve best practices for packaging qualification programs against required International standards both PDP & Process Qualification.
- Provide direct input to Sterilization Methods and process changes, with particular input on impacts from a Packaging perspective.
- Understand and comply with Company Guidelines and Regulations.
? A minimum of 3 years relevant experience and qualified to degree level in engineering, science or related discipline.
? Experienced and knowledgeable of the Medical Device Directives in the areas of packaging / labelling.
? Medical device technology experience, ideally in interventional vascular devices.
? Proficient Project execution skills and demonstrated competency in this area.
? Strong interpersonal skills as part of a dynamic team structured environment.
? Proven track record in innovative design, development/manufacturing implementation programs.
? Ability to work across multiple Projects teams.
? Broad biomedical materials and processing knowledge.
? Good team skills - a high level of enthusiasm and motivation.
Skills / Competencies:
- Driven to win?passionate and driven. Has a strong capacity for work and has the ability to make tough decisions in difficult situations.
- lear thinking?Translates complexity into simplicity and articulates clearly and crisply. Creates and com-municates a clear strategy/plan. Demonstrates good judgment.
- Inspires others?Has infectious enthusiasm and sets a vision that inspires performance and engages others. Seeks and values different perspectives and ideas to foster an inclusive work environment.
- Executes?Takes accountability for and delivers consistent decisions, actions and results. Aligns team, al-lowing people to move quickly in a coordinated fashion.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie