Telephone: 087 4108620
Packaging and Labelling Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Packaging and Labelling Engineer for their site.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Build a Label & Packaging Excellence Program within the Device Manufacturing group.
- Identify all packaging requirements, establish guidelines for success and train/mentor teams through the packaging process with a view to improving the overall in-house awareness of the key principles and standards.
- Manage relations with vendors and external service providers to ensure a consistent approach across projects, including validation and appraisal of packaging suppliers – (equipment and material).
- Support Device Manufacturing on various projects in terms of package system design and implementation. Develop project plans with aggressive and achievable milestones.
- Develop complete packaging concepts and specifications, and improve existing configurations to ensure the quality of the packaging process and product.
- Interface with the Quality Assurance and Regulatory departments to provide packaging input to product submissions and demonstrate a good understanding of Medical Devices labelling regulatory requirements.
- Communicate and participate in packaging related troubleshooting projects, support new product introduction and be the main point of contact and support for internal and external audits/inspections.
- Design, test, and implement integrated automated inspection for all product lines and apply control/security management to the label printing system.
- Provide printer and labelling support for issues observed in manufacturing and demonstrate systematic problem solving expertise to resolve.
- Partner with cross functional teams as the packaging and labelling expert, and represent the team at department level.
Qualifications Knowledge Skills
- Degree in Engineering / Packaging Technology or equivalent.
- The Individual must have at least 2 years’ experience within a packaging/labelling design or process environment in a regulated environment such as Pharma / Medical Devices.
- Knowledge of Barcoding systems and UDI requirements. Knowledge of GS1 and HIBCC identification.
- Experience of label printing applications and ERP systems such as BarTender and SAP.
- Proven track record in packaging and print material design and implementation.
- Strong communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- Project management skills and excellent attention to detail required.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem-solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
For further information on this Packaging and Labelling Engineer role in Galway please contact Edel Kelly on 087 4108620 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.