My MNC medical device manufacturing client are searching for a Packaging Design and Development Engineer for their Galway site. You will be working in the Advanced Engineering & Technical Services (AETS) where the focus is on Packaging Development supporting the Coronary Structural Heart & Aortic Peripheral Vascular business units. You will be directly involved in the design and development of innovative products and processes for use in medical procedures across a broad array of R&D programs.
- You will contribute to and partner with the New Product Development (NPD) functions to define, execute and deliver on New Product Development requirements.
- Lead development of packaging components and assemblies for medical devices.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on cross-functional, cross-divisional project teams focusing on design, technology and process.
- Supports verification, validation, and implementation of package systems for both design and process development.
- Actively collaborates with Packaging and Labeling peers across the company to identify and implement best practices.
- Lead technical root cause investigations and implement corrective actions.
- Develops technical documentation including design specs, input requirements, validations and technical reports in accordance with quality system requirements.
- Utilizes knowledge of FDA and ISO requirements related to packaging and labeling, ensuring robust package validation and qualification.
- Utilize project management skills to gain alignment, lead cross functional teams, and drive continuous improvement projects that focus on “best in class” outcomes.
- You will utilize functional excellence in packaging development following Design for Reliability and Manufacturability practices (DRM), 3D Software Design (SolidWorks, FEA), Statistics (Minitab) along with Project Management techniques.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Compliance and Integrity: Promotes and practices a culture of integrity, ethics and compliance with laws and policies
- Boundaryless: Collaborates across organizational boundaries
- Clear Thinking: Translates complexity into simplicity and articulates crispy and clearly. Creates and communicates clear strategy/plan. Demonstrates good judgement
- Executes: Takes accountability for and delivers consistent decisions, actions and results
- Driven to Win: Be passionate and driven, with the ability to making tough decisions in difficult situations
- Experience: Qualified person to Degree level L8 in Engineering/Science or a related discipline, Masters desirably, with three (3) years relevant experience
For further information on this Packaging Design & Development Engineer role in Galway please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.