Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Packaging Engineer for their site on a contract basis.
- The primary purpose of this job is to lead projects across the manufacturing site to deliver continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and projects to achieve operational targets.
- The position is part of a team within the Operations Technology Development group that contributes to the overall business metrics. This position will provide project leadership on continuous improvement, and will also include liaison with outside suppliers and other company Design & Manufacturing sites to ensure all goals and targets of the manufacturing process are achieved. Collaborating with global Engineering and Operations functions, the position will be responsible for leading strategic engineering projects
- Continuous Improvement Focus
- Deliver key projects across all global sites which will positively impact on the key metrics.
- Drive process improvements/capacity increases through new technology/equipment introductions
- Competent in validation requirements on new equipment introductions/processes/process changes
- Identify capital spend budget requirements and manage budget for process improvements.
- Preparation of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the Global continuous improvement program.
- Provide key inputs and leadership into transformational process developments.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Lead or actively participate in cross-functional teams to ensure projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Look for breakthrough technologies to reduce manufacturing cost or lead-time.
Key Competencies Required (To Perform the Job to Acceptable Standard)
- Excellent proven record of Project Management skills.
- Experienced in project budget control
- Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Flexible work ethic.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Problem solving skills - to assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
- Decision Making - required to make decisions on technical issues.
- Degree of responsibility - must be capable of taking direction and taking responsibility and ownership for systems.
- Excellent planning & organisation skills.
- Extent of confidentiality - discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline, with 3+ years relevant experience.
- Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead significant projects to completion, on time and within budget
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions
For further information on this role in Cork please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval