Job ID: JOB-11520
My world leading medical technology client are recruiting for a Packaging Design Engineer for a 6 month contract to begin with. You can be based fully remotely for this position as you’ll be working with a global team spread across Ireland, the US and France.
The primary responsibility will be the packaging design, development and qualification for the new product development for the diabetes care business unit. You’ll be reporting into the Senior Packaging Engineer and working alongside a Manufacturing Engineer, a Graphics & Labelling Engineer and Project Manager in your team.
Experience & Education
- At least 3+ years of package development experience in a highly regulated industry
- 5+ years of CAD modelling and drawing experience (SolidWorks). Acumen to statistically analyse (Minitab) and solve complex problems
- Ideal experience would be 3+ years’ experience designing thermoformed rigid or semi rigid material primary packaging trays, innovative tamper evident paperboard or corrugate secondary packaging and corrugate tertiary packaging
- Have hands on experience designing and qualifying medical device packaging in compliance with local and international standards and regulations. These include, but are not limited to, ISO 11607-1, ISO 11607-2, ASTM F1980, ASTM F2097, ASTM D4169
- Have hands on experience of ship testing and applying international standards e.g. ISTA/ASTM;
- Be familiar with processes such as CAPA and equipment validation (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- You will prototype, design, develop and validate primary, secondary and tertiary packaging for diabetes care medical devices to support clinical trials, limited market releases and full-scale product launches
- Provide R&D project support to the Senior Packaging Engineer for the packaging work stream to support for new product launches, clinical trials, global and limited market releases as well as key operations initiatives
- Work through continuous changes resulting from a dynamic product development environment and translate the device changes into the package development process, working closely and continuously with cross-functional team members and outside suppliers of materials and services
- Use design thinking approach for developing user experience of product packaging
- Make customers/stakeholders and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive business relationships on a global front
- Establish courses of action and plans for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Support and/or manage package development of multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment
- Conduct design reviews.
For further information on this Contract Packaging Engineer role in Dublin/Remote, please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11533 Senior Control Systems Engineer Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company are currently sourcing a Senior Control Systems…
Job ID: JOB-11520 Packaging Engineer My world leading medical technology client are recruiting for a Packaging Design Engineer for a…
Job ID: JOB-11519 My client a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and pharma products is recruiting for a QP…