Packaging Engineer II
Job ID: JOB-12555
Packaging Engineer II – Galway
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Designs, develops, and tests a wide variety of containers used for the protection, display, and handling of products.
- Determines packaging specifications according to the nature of the product, cost limitations, legal requirements, and the type of protection required, considering need for resistance to such external variables as moisture, corrosive chemicals, temperature variations, light, heat, rough handling, and tampering.
- Designs package exteriors considering such factors as product identification, sales appeal, aesthetic quality, and printing and production techniques.
- Responsibilities may include documentation management and/or coordination of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and may support prototype line development in manufacturing facilities/plants. SPECIALIST CAREER STREAM: Typically an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or specialty.
- Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results.
- May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower level professionals. The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects from design to implementation while and adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education (typically University).
- Autonomy: Established and productive individual contributor. Works independently with general supervision on larger, moderately complex projects / assignments.
- Organizational Impact: Sets objectives for own job area to meet the objectives of projects and assignments. Contributes to the completion of project milestones. May have some involvement in cross functional assignments. Innovation and Complexity: Problems and issues faced are general, and may require understanding of broader set of issues or other job areas but typically are not complex. Makes adjustments or recommends enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
- Communication and Influence: Communicates primarily and frequently with internal contacts. External interactions are less complex or problem solving in nature. Contacts others to share information, status, needs and issues in order to inform, gain input, and support decision-making. Leadership and Talent Management: May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and / or employee in Support Career Stream.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Requires practical knowledge and demonstrated competence within job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires a Minimum Level 8 Degree and minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with 0 years of experience
For further information on Engineer role in Galway please contact Brian Walsh on +353 86 0449371 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12718 Senior Supply Chain Planner We are looking to speak with experienced Supply Chain Professionals…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12646 Quality Team Lead Take a look at this excellent opportunity with our…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12619 Packaging Engineering Manager Permanent position Galway Exciting new role for a Packaging Engineering Manager to join one of…