Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Westmeath are currently looking to recruit a Packaging Technician for their site.
- The Packaging Technician provides essential maintenance and technical support to the site’s packaging area.
- This includes supporting a range of high-speed secondary manufacturing equipment as well as the vision and serialisation systems used in the pharmaceutical industry.
- This role will involve working as part of the team in the acceptance and qualification of all packaging equipment and playing a key role in building packaging towards commercialisation by developing preventative maintenance (PM) routines.
- The role also involves completing PMs on time in addition to reacting to machine breakdown to support manufacturing performance.
- The role also plays a significant role in ensuring all equipment related documentation meets the cGMP standards expected.
- Works with manufacturing and quality colleagues as part of an Operations team whose shared goal is to realise the safety, quality, delivery and cost objectives of the site.
- Prioritises safety and is diligent in the use of all appropriate safety tools and permits when maintaining equipment – champions safe working always.
- Provides maintenance support for equipment that includes shrink wrapping, labelling, cartooning, bundling, serialisation, etc. Can provide basic automation and instrumentation support and liaises with automation/instrumentation specialists when required.
- Uses structured problem solving in the event of equipment failure and documents all equipment interventions as required by the maintenance system.
- Prepare preventative maintenance (PM) routines with other technical colleagues to minimise the risk of machine failure or equipment related deviations.
- Completes PM routines on time and is diligent in the completion and review of maintenance and related documentation required to meet GMP requirements of a sterile manufacturing site.
- Participates in continuous improvement teams with a particular focus in reducing equipment related downtime and stoppages driving towards high OEE performance
- Supports capital projects throughout equipment lifecycle and supports validation activities in Packaging.
- Familiar with pharmaceutical secondary packaging equipment and systems such as labellers, cartooning machines, conveying systems, etc.
- Has an understanding of packaging automation systems such as vision systems, check weigh, printers, etc.
- Strong technical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and other computer applications i.e. CMMS.
- Strong team player with good proactive approach & manner
- Knowledgeable of the regulatory and GMP requirements for maintenance activities.
- Degree/Diploma and/or technical certification / trade in a mechanical, electrical or related field.
- 5 years+ experience performing maintenance on packaging equipment in a cGMP environment.
For further information on this Packaging Technician role in Westmeath please contact Tommy Mckeown on 086 0100903 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.