Packing Lead Staff Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12833
Packing Lead –Staff Engineer
We are looking to speak with experienced Packing Staff Engineers about this great new job opportunity in Cork with one of our exceptional clients. Our client, a world leading medical device and manufacturing company, are looking to attract the right candidate on a permanent basis. This company stands out for their diverse culture, exceptional career development pathways, and unrivalled rewards and recognition packages including bonus, health insurance, pension, and educational support.
Apply to us to find out more about this great job opportunity in Engineering in Cork and we can talk through if it’s the right job for you. Based in Cork this role is commutable from Kerry and Tipperary.
- Management of significant Engineering projects through OnePPM.
- Provide Technical leadership from an engineering perspective.
- Ownership of the plant metrics from an engineering perspective.
- Technical and operational support to manufacturing operations.
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in appropriate OS and Material specifications.
- Ownership of the FPY and MRB process.
- Structured problem solving.
- Continuously improve the performance of the process.
- Optimisation of current floor space.
- Provide support to Process Development / Advanced Operations on technology development and application within the manufacturing process.
- Engage in the implementation of lean manufacture within manufacturing.
- Train and mentor Operators and Engineers.
- Interface with Materials Science, Design and Quality Assurance departments to provide customer with a quality product in a timely manner.
- Validation, Appraisal and support of suppliers, and raw material.
- Support process development and cost reduction activities within the business units.
- Communicate and participate in system and process troubleshooting with support team members and with external agents.
- Providing development and guidance for assigned Co-op /Technician Engineers.
- Provide leadership to other Manufacturing Engineers and or Technicians as required.
- Provision of out-of-hours support to the business as required by management or as mandated by shutdowns and/or equipment failures.
Key Requirements & Qualifications:
- Level 8 Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline or equivalent technical experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience in medical device, biotech or pharmaceutical packaging design development.
- Demonstrated experience in resolving design and process related packaging issues on commercial products.
- Functional knowledge of Design Controls, Industry and Cleaning standards in Packaging Design. (11607, ASTM, ISTA)
- Knowledge in Labelling Systems and label and IFU development.
- Experienced in Statistical Analysis, interpretation, and communication of results.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven Project Management skills through the delivery of business-critical projects.
- Has minimum of 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal and external agents.
- Capable of providing technical leadership and, influencing and providing technical direction to Engineers, Coop Students, Technicians and Operators as required.
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team in an aggressive, dynamic and results motivated environment.
- Demonstrable strong analytical & problem-solving skills, a process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent presentation and written / verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable ability to work autonomously.
- A team player, with a flexible approach.
- Technological expert, willing to source, investigate and implement technological and automation advances.
- Confident and effective decision maker, with a proven technical leadership ability to negotiate and influence others.
For more information on this role in Cork please contact Peter Muldoon on 086 0462367 Email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12996 HR Officer My client based in Galway city are hiring a HR officer to support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12964 Senior QC Analyst We are looking to speak with experienced QC Analysts about this great…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12926 GCMS Senior Chemist We are looking to speak with experienced Analytical Chemist about this great…