Telephone: 087 4108620
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Packing Technologist for their site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with R&D to identify specification required for new packaging products in response to briefs
- Work with Procurement to identify alternative sources/compatible packaging for existing finished products in compliance with Regulatory/Quality requirements for top 10 Bottles and Caps in Year 1.
- Identifying product specifications for all printed and non-printed packaging to meet set requirements i.e. correct size and layout and compatible to the packaging process.''
- Key line generation and approval for Packaging and reduce number of keylines by 15%.
- Liaising with Production to run trials for checking of packaging suitability and testing for performance under various conditions and compiling comparison reports showing equivalence
- Controlling production and quality standards
- Looking at new technologies and innovative solutions with Procurement and identifying items for trial from suppliers
- Responsible for management of packaging materials ensuring compliance to GMP standard, quality, regulatory (UN) and functional requirements.
- Manage disposition of all packaging materials and quality control records.
- Point of contact for day to day quality issues related to packaging which effect plant efficiency. Proactively assist in resolving packaging design and line issues.
- Support initiatives by identifying packaging Best Practice requirements from incoming packaging through to finished product shipment.
- Work with cross-functional departments to drive the execution of the packaging productivity initiatives to achieve targeted annual savings.
- Manage change control process to ensure new packages are successfully validated.
- Ensure compatibility of packaging components with existing and future plant equipment.
- Work closely with current and new vendors to drive quality excellence and continuous improvement activities using technical knowledge and packaging best practices.
- Point of contact for quality and technical related discussions with vendors. Provide technical support to vendors as required.
- Point of contact to raise, track and ensure timely closure of packaging related Qpulse record's.
- Train personnel on packaging best practice initiatives.
- Continuously seek out and review new packaging concepts/developments to present to the business.
- Continuously monitor packaging for cost saving and weight reduction opportunities and, where appropriate, manage trials and implementation.
- Proven experience of end to end packaging development management.
- Thorough understanding of printing techniques and Supply Chain.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or physical sciences.
- Extensive experience of direct Customer liaison and the management of multiple complex projects.
- Qualification in packaging discipline is desirable and any knowledge of 3D modelling of packaging would be an advantage.
- Excellent working knowledge of Pharma quality systems and audit program; and the employment of quality tools for the processing and manufacture of packaging materials.
- Excellent communication and Organisational skills.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work on complex projects across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyse technical data and translate information into actionable activities
- Excellent attention to detail; accuracy is essential to the role.
- Self-starter, able to work independently on own projects and under own initiative - ability to think on feet in a changing environment.
- Must be strong team player, tenacious and also be able to engage well with others.
- Ability to work to moving targets in a dynamic industry.
- Knowledge of UN approved packaging is an advantage
For further information on this Packing Technologist role in Galway please contact Edel Kelly on 087 4108620 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval