Telephone: 021 2066287
Senior Payroll Specialist
Who are the client?
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Payroll Specialist for their site.
What will I be doing?
The Payroll Specialist is part of an Ire country wide team responsible for ensuring all payrolls delivered are timely, accurate and compliant with Company policies and regulatory requirements.
The role will have responsibility for processing a full in house payroll for a number of Legal entities using Megapay payroll software. Working closely with the HR Operations team the specialist role is an integral role in a shared service model for payroll delivery.
Define key tasks or activities and indicate percentage of time required to perform each task.
- Payroll processing/controls
- Processing of Country payroll for all company's employees using the Country specific TPV payroll software ensuring the timely and accurate processing of all payroll cycles including disbursements to bank and GL postings.
- Execute processes to support the preparation of payroll processing including the simulation of payroll runs and audit reports and validations.
- Maintain payroll Master Data in accordance with operational procedures and payroll policies.
- Implement procedures to support the management of mass uploads files and reconciliations.
- Adhere to interface processing controls and timely handling of Interface and processing errors.
- Manage payroll inbox and shared service calls and queries in a timely manner.
- Provide system enhancements testing and user acceptance testing.
- Collaboration with HR Shared Services and other functions to ensure consistent accurate flow of information and received within payroll deadlines for processing.
- Ensuring month and year end payroll returns are complete, accurate and timely
- Maintain all payroll records as required by revenue and J&J Data Retention Records.
- Engaging with internal and external customers to meet service delivery requirements.
- Processing Ex-Pat assignments setting up deductions according to contract, coordinating the calculation of hypo-tax etc
- Processing Shared Based Compensation
- Create and maintain control documentation, process flows and procedures.
- Support Team Training
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support Payroll Centre Projects as required
- Provide Assistance to T&A Analyst when required.
- Support the execution of the SOX Program (404)
- Support internal audits, external audits (PwC), Pension audits and government audits.
What do I need?
- Experience in a fast paced multi national environment
- 6 years + experience
- Previous experience in Payroll and Time and Attendance operations required.
- Experience with Payroll applications required.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An effective team player
- A clear, fast thinker, problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A sense of urgency in solving inquiries
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work on own inititive
For further information on this Payroll Specialist role in Cork please contact Jenny Dore on 021 2066287 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval