Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Planner for their site.
Responsible for developing production plan and managing inventories of assigned products to maintain 100% customer service and meet communicated inventory objectives. Maintain production by evaluating and planning the availability of raw materials utilizing MRP and/or Kanban style planning and reports. Responsible, in conjunction with Purchasing, for maintaining accepted inventory levels, requisitioning of raw materials and supplies, providing necessary backup functions for co-planners and manufacturing clerks, assisting in cycle counts, and assisting the receiving and material issuing function of the raw materials warehouse. Responsible, in conjunction with Engineering, Supply Chain, and Finance, for setting up RM and FG parts as part of transfer from other sites.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and plan using all elements of Master Production Schedule (MPS) and/or Kanban system to derive proper finished goods stock level for each item assigned.
- Evaluate and plan, manually or using all elements of the Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) and/or Kanban system to generate all material requirements to support product plans.
- Assist with planning production levels for items assigned based on forecasts, demand (sales), production availability, material availability, inventory requirements, and release work orders to manufacturing based on plans.
- Plan and release purchase requisitions to purchasing based on requirements and inventory levels of materials required.
- Measure performance to plans of the above items and report results to appropriate management.
- Assist in the setup and maintenance of RM and FG part numbers, and Kanbans for finished goods, raw materials, or subassemblies.
- Assist in building detailed plans for introduction for new products into product line.
- Evaluate and plan all elements of material requirements for all new FG parts. Observe and track the shipment of all RM and FG as required.
- Provide backup clerical support within Supply Chain.
- Assist and participate in cycle count and inventory counting programs and practices if required.
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA.
Expected Areas of Competence (i.e. KSAs)
- Possess the ability to anticipate and avoid problems while dealing with the day to day issues that arise.
- Thorough knowledge of standard MRP and MPS systems, Kanban and Just-In-Time experience required.
- Personal computer skills, especially with desk top applications are required.
- Must be able to read and interpret Engineering drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge of planning and systems; knowledge of accounting principles and budgeting practices; proficiency with personal computers and software, including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word); effective analytical, organizational, and communication skills are required.
Education/ Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business related field required.
- 2-4 years of planning experience required or experience in related skill field (finance, accounting, supply/inventory management)
For further information on this Planner role in Galway please contact Michelle Kilcar on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval