Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Planner for their site.
- To effectively plan the product portfolio assigned.
- To support the other members of the planning team within the factory in reference to strategic and tactical capacity planning horizons.
- Support the preparation of the Sales & Operations Planning business Process
- To ensure that forecasts for the assigned area of responsibility are converted to orders at the time fences.
- To assess incoming customer orders in terms of plant capability and material availability and define the first promise date for delivery
- To maintain the MRP data on the system for assigned products and areas
- To review monthly the capacity loading for the assigned WorkCentre reporting potential bottlenecks and issues.
- Prepare assigned schedule in co-operation with relevant departments.
- To prioritise planned production in assigned areas in the case conflicts and bottlenecks.
- To liaise with purchasing and artwork control to manage BOM changes in line with customer requirements and open orders to ensure that stock write offs are minimised.
- Liaise with customer with regard to delivery dates, order status, etc. for the areas assigned
- Manage schedules such that short shelf materials are identified and consumed before expiring.
- Prepare supply chain metrics on a weekly basis.
- Manage the assigned shipping schedules
- Drive to achieve zero back orders and 95%+ On Time in Full shipping performance.
- Ensure product availability through effective management of available capacity while ensuring cost and quality compliance.
- Reporting to senior management on a weekly and ad hoc basis on Key Performance Indicators, e.g. total backorders, performance against shipping plan.
- Chair routine and ad hoc planning and scheduling meetings as required, communicating changes and additions to production schedules
- Manage inventory at intermediate and Finished Goods levels in line with forecasts / stock holding policies for assigned areas.
- Liaise with customer service, production, Launch, artwork operations and R&D to implement improvements and drive new product initiatives.
- 2-6 years' experience of planning / scheduling in a regulated industry ideally pharmaceuticals.
- Experience of production, manufacturing or packing operations essential
- Engineering/ Business degree or equivalent Industry experience.
- Qualification in or studying for APICS,
- Advanced MS Excel
- Must be a self-starter and able to work on own initiative
For further information on this Planner role in Galway please contact Ros Lomansey on 0212066287 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval