Telephone: 086 0449371
Planning & Purchasing Supervisor
Our client, a medical device company in Clare is currently looking to recruit a Planning & Purchasing Supervisor for their site.
This Purchasing and Planning Supervisor role is required to support the Planning and Purchasing Team. A highly organized individual is required who is capable of managing a varied workload, to ensure the effective achievement of multiple deadlines within a tight schedule.
What will I be doing
- Supervise the planning of Immunoassay and Blood Virus products manufactured in the company
- Work closely and support the Supply Chain Projects team on implementation plans and milestones for NPI
- Lead and motivate a dynamic team, driving continuous process and system improvements
- Define and execute strategic objectives for the team
- Plan assigned Finished Products to meet required safety stock levels & customer demand in distribution Centers
- Work with Finished Goods Planners to manage supply to customers
- Update weekly Manufacturing schedule & review with Formulation & Fill/Packing operations
- Complete monthly Manufacturing volume plan & communicate with Operations & Finance
- Review capacity requirements for monthly & annual required production volumes
- Purchase assigned parts for the company from approved supplier base per agreed purchase policies
- Meet set Inventory targets & continuously review stocking policies to reduce Inventory levels
- Manage Supplier base with regular business reviews & supplier scorecards, primarily focused on supplier validation and introduction
- Support Purchasing/NPI projects as assigned by Manager
What do I need
- Business Degree or equivalent APICS Certification or IIPMM Diploma and/or has at least 8 years' experience in a relevant Buyer/Planner position.
- Ability to use Oracle Manufacturing would be an advantage
- NPI introduction with planning and purchasing experience a distinct advantage
- 2 years Supervisory experience required
- Highly numerate with a strong aptitude for data analysis and achieving high quality output
- Ability to work in a methodical and accurate manner.
- Experience of working in an MRP/MPS environment.
- Experience in setting up visual planning/lean Inventory management processes would be an advantage
For further information on this Engineer role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval