Job Title: Planning Manager
As a key member of the Supply Chain Team, your role will be to lead the Planning team and all of the Planning Process for Galway’s Medical Devices and Metals Business Units.
You will be a key contributor in implementing best in class production planning techniques & systems to drive production efficiencies, cost improvement activities, development of SAP Supply chain functionality and the lead in the management of the SI&OP process.
The Supply Chain Managers are responsible for the timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials. They ensure the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled, and the maintenance of inventory at the established levels. They coordinate and integrate the flow of materials and information among suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and customers, identifying opportunities for improving efficiency, effectiveness and capabilities of the supply chain. Resources are focused on continuous improvement of the movement of materials through production processes, and the establishment of key performance metrics and benchmarks to monitor actual performance against goals.
• Develop, grow, and improve the SI&OP process.
• Identify, drive & support cost reduction initiatives.
• Management & development of the planning team.
• Ensure effective Production and Inventory strategies & control in line with company targets.
• Champion continuous process improvement within the planning function. Keeps up to date on the latest planning tools and techniques.
• Develop policies, procedures, systems, and processes for the Production Planning area.
• Management of finished goods and Work in Progress inventory to support production strategies within agreed targets.
• Analysis, reporting & commit response to all backorders.
• Negotiation & presentation of plans with all levels of management in the plant and with external demand planning and marketing contacts. A strong communicator, focussing on key messages and targeting key stakeholders.
• Work with New Product Development teams to deliver production plans in line with project goals/ schedules.
• Partner with production to develop a Production plan that meets customer service requirements while maintaining minimum inventory and optimal manufacturing cost.
• Analysis & maintenance of all production planning related reports, files & documents including Plant & Product Performance.
• Support the Management & Leadership team in the preparation of ad-hoc summary analysis reports & presentations.
• 10 years manufacturing experience in a Supply Chain environment with exposure to all Demand Management (DM), Master Scheduling (MPS), Capacity Planning (CRP), Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and inventory control.
• Level 8 degree in a related discipline.
• Strong working knowledge of SAP supply chain functionality is essential.
• Strong working knowledge of Kinaxis Rapid Response is advantageous.
• Demonstrated achievement of driving change, continuous improvement and exposure to lean supply chain techniques.
• Excellent planning, problem-solving, analytical skills and advanced Excel skills.
• Financially and customer aware.
• Good communicator, team player, proactive and strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to act on own initiative under minimal supervision.
• Demonstrate drive and ambition and an ability to lead.
• Experience in medical device environment desirable but not essential.
Building Effective Teams
Managing and Measuring Work
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)
For further information on this Planning Manager role in Galway please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.