New Planning Manager role in medical device company in Cork. This is a result of a global program being implemented across the site. The successful candidate will be involved in an exciting new project for the site which will impact all facets of supply Chain. It does require a solid understanding on processes and also an understanding of how the mechanics of an ERP system works.
You will take over responsibility for planning and manage S&OP. Working with production teams.
The successful candidate will manage approx a team of 6 and will also involve stakeholder management. Demand planning feeds into this and also covered by global supply chain. Very well integrated S&OP process
The Planning Manager is responsible for managing the demand, production planning and execution activities required to meet customer needs, marketing requirements, manufacturing capabilities and service level objectives. Also maintaining appropriate finished goods inventory levels and planning systems integrity.
- Manage a team of Production Planners to support manufacturing operations.
- Manage and oversee customer service performance for the site. Diagnose service level failures and understand corrective actions being taken to prevent reoccurrence.
- Monitor manufacturing and distribution channels.
- Represent the supply chain on new product development teams; analyze economics of inventory investment to determine the optimal inventory build given launch assumptions and risks. Define pre-launch inventory objectives by region as well as the regional launch sequencing. Communicate launch strategy to supply chain community.
- Orchestrate the monthly SI&OP process, prepare documentation and facilitate the associated meetings. Collaborate with partners in Global Supply Chain and Manufacturing to best service customer needs.
- Analyse and monitor supply chain performance (i.e. physical flow, allocation, master data, and intervene as required to ensure optimal performance).
- Level 8 qualification in engineering, supply chain, business or related field of study.
- Experience in development and operation of ERP systems. SAP experience an advantage. Experience in end to end supply chain planning tools.
- 3-4 years experience in a leadership role within a manufacturing environment and demonstrated experience of people management.
- Knowledge & experience of Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning cycle.
- Excellent interpersonal and ability to work effectively with others as a member of a team.
- Ability to work as a member of management team to accomplish organisational goals and objectives.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
For further information on this role please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Planning Manager Purpose Statement: New Planning Manager role in medical device company in Cork. This is a result of a…
Design Assurance Engineering Manager Are you a dynamic people manager with 10+ years of Design Assurance Engineering experience and ready…
Operations Manager Our client a medical device company located in Galway is recruiting for an Operations Manager. This role will…