Plant Accountant - Maternity Leave – 8 months
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Plant Accountant for their site.
Reporting Line: Financial Director
Your primary role is to manage all financial aspects of the Plants manufacturing process including the warehouse. You will be responsible for management and reporting of all spend and maintaining a cost control focus within the organization. You will also be responsible for supervision of the purchasing function as well as global fixed asset co-ordination and reporting
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Inventory Management – Ensure accurate inventory registers maintained and are in line with logistics and financial reports. Monthly Inventory Reconciliations, Monitor Inventory Obsolescence, Cycle Count spot checks, Year End Annual physical Inventory Count
- Plant Financials - Control departmental budgets, ensure spend recorded accurately on a monthly basis to tight deadlines. Calculate and analyse all KPI’s and review with the Plant Leadership. Liaise with Global Finance on all plant related matters
- Standard Costs - Manage and monitor the set-up of all standard costs
- Cost control – identify areas for cost improvement and track and monitor results
- Annual budget - Working with the various departments to set their budgets for the following year and consolidate the various files and pull together summary of all budgets. Calculating standard costs and associated inter-company transfer prices
- Internal Controls – ensure a strong internal control environment is maintained
- Ad hoc plant analysis as required
- Supervision of purchasing function based at FSS in Philippines
- Global Fixed asset co-ordination and reporting
- The above list is not exhaustive and will be subject to change in line with the requirements of the business.
Key Requirements (Education and Experience):
- Technical Competencies:
- Professional accountancy qualification
- 4/5 Years experience in a manufacturing environment
- A proven track record and ideally in a multinational environment
- Communicate & Share Information: Clear and concise communication
- Plan & Organise: Efficient use of time and resources
- Promote Teamwork: Encourage and support the team culture
- Focus on Results: Through challenging goals and proactive problem solving
- Drive Change: Promoting and encouraging new and innovative ideas
- Build Trust & Respect: Open and honest communication.
- Understand Market & Customer Perspective: Works to understand and meet the needs of customers and their business
- All employees have a responsibility to contribute to the Organisation’s sustainability and in doing so ensure that we can continue to fulfil our mission.
- All business decisions and actions must serve and be in line with the Organisation’s sustainability goals and mission
- An employee must abide by the legal compliance policy in the performing of his/her duties
For further information on this Plant Accountant role in Galway please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.