Telephone: 087 2197421
Platform System Architect
Our client, a company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Platform System Architect for their site.
- The Platform System Architect is responsible for the embedded design and development of the overall system solutions and technologies in line with platform standards, market demands, customer needs, deliverables and technology development roadmap.
- You will actively participate in vision & fusion automotive ECU/CMS solutions from RFI/RFQ phase to SOP or until platform handover to the Operations; Platform system architecture design, technology research/development and activities management across platform timeframes.
- Lead and develop platform standards; embedded system architecture design based on Customer system requirements, working closely with each of the R&D teams to develop feasible platform solutions.
- Review of System Requirements and subsequent translation into internal system architectural designs
- Liaise with the HW, SW, Mechanical, Production and Test Engineering to technically analyse and develop platform solutions and allocate architecture requirements
- Perform engineering assessment of all internal and external change requests (CR) made to the project and translation of these into specific architecture requirements updates
- Lead and/or support System FMEA analysis
- System state machine, operating modes and feature use cases analysis
- Hardware resource analysis (memory, computational power) including OS, FW, framework and analytics
- Internal/External interfaces design and analysis; speed, bandwidth, timings etc.
- Video/Data pipeline design and analysis
- Support BOM analysis for best cost and performance effective solutions, design reviews and board bring-up
- Support and engage with Functional Safety (FuSa) and CyberSecurity (CS) teams.
- R&D of automotive technologies like vision/fusion products eg. Autonomous Driving (AD), Automated Parking (AP), Surround View and Camera Monitor (Mirror Replacement) Systems, supported with IDM/Patens.
- Develop, standardize proof of concept and next generation embedded solutions which are aligned with Platform Strategy
- Understand technology trends to converse with internal and external customers and give guidance in terms of roadmap development
- Next Gen Technology analysis; Multicore SoCs / MCUs, video transmission, image processing, algorithm & HMI
- Analyze emerging technologies to improve system performance and reliability, ensure best cost and performance effective solutions selected.
- Support/feedback to TDP (Technology Development Plan), participating in Platform Committee where needed.
- Participate in, contribute to or lead technical communications with customers and technology suppliers.
- Create system architecture timing plan which must be aligned with overall platform/project plan.
- Ensure system architecture work products are baselined, released & managed through the Configuration Management & Change Control processes which must be aligned with timing plan.
- Complete scheduled tasks to deliver system development output to the project team as per agreed timing plan. Participate in project teams and report on platform system architecture activities as appropriate
- Comply with ISO/IEC 15504 SPICE Process Assessment Model / SMARTmap process
- Degree in Electronic, Computer or Software Engineering or equivalent
- Min 5 years’ experience in electronic product development environment
- Experience with vision/fusion products
- Multi-core MCU/SoC embedded development knowledge
- SysML (System Modeling Language) design experience/knowledge is a plus
For further information on this Platform System Architect role in Galway please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval