Our client, a leading global medical device MNC requires a PMO Manager for one of their sites in Galway. This role will focus on the selection, prioritization, resourcing and tracking of all projects. It will be responsible for ensuring all projects are delivered on time, within budget and to a high degree of quality, meeting all deliverables and developing and improving all processes around project management and the continuous improvement of these processes.
The PMO manager is responsible for the strategy and direction, best practice, leveraging resources and processes where appropriate, as well as guiding the management team on resource gaps and the strategy to address future site needs business opportunities. The PMO Manager is also responsible for the management and development of the team.
- Direct responsibility for the management and successful completion of significant projects such as NPIs and major site-wide programs or initiatives.
- Day-to-day management of the project portfolio, driving for on-time and on-budget project delivery across all functions
- Regular status review of projects against budget, schedule, deliverables, resources, etc., from initiation through delivery
- Continuous monitoring and assessment of project issues, facilitating/developing resolutions to meet goals and objectives
- Facilitation of liaison between functions and stakeholders
- Solid mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with all stakeholders
- The development, deployment and maintenance of a PM governance process operation
- Efficient and effective processes developed and maintained for project prioritization and resource allocation
- Oversees, manages and enhances the PMO team and its performance through;
- Performance management of the PMO function for individuals and team
- Talent management, development and acquisition for the PMO function
- Employee engagement/empowerment through strategy and activity for PMO function, meeting survey result goals
- Manages the development and implementation process of a company's products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products.
- Continuous improvement across PMO processes and metrics, in line with targets
- Benchmarking, leverage and development of best practice for PMO process/strategy both internally and externally
- Reviewing ongoing skills gap assessment for all PM activity against current and future needs
- Effective training and development strategy for PM skills for all employees.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Level 8 Engineering Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical, etc., discipline and a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience, or Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years’ prior relevant experience
- Five years’ experience in a people management role
- Project management qualification (e.g. PMP, Pince, etc.), is desirable.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Knowledge and/or experience of ISO 13485 and FDA quality system required.
For further information on this Manager role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.