Telephone: 087 4108620
Polymer Manufacturing Technician (Extrusion)
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Polymer Manufacturing Technician (Extrusion) for their site.
The successful candidate will utilize their technical skills in the generation and development of polymer medical device products and extrusion process technologies.
The working hours of this role are Wednesday to Saturday -- Day shift
- Engineering support to assigned production lines ensuring products manufactured conform to quality standards and specifications.
- Responsible for initiating the communication/escalation process for critical downtime events.
- Working as part of a team to identify and resolve systematic equipment issues.
- Participate in cross functional process improvement initiatives.
- Offer technical support to the TPM team in all areas.
- Identify, gain approval and complete continuous improvement projects.
- Effectively communicate line issues and offer solutions.
- Compile and report equipment/line metrics for review.
- Prioritise issues in conjunction with production supervisors.
- Presents and implements solutions to process or product related issues.
- Installation and validation of process equipment and fixtures.
- Training relevant Production Operators in correct use of process equipment and in product specifications.
- Seeks technical advice from engineers or supervisor for complex problems.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline polymer related subjects are desirable), or relevant trade qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a related field, preferably in extrusion technologies
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to solve moderately complex technical problems.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- PC skills including standard offices packages.
- PLC programming experience is an advantage.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Knowledge of various tooling and testing equipment.
- Experience of automation an advantage.
- Excellent Problem Solving with a proven track history.
- Knowledge of Lean tools such as TPM, 8-Step problem solving and 5S.
- Training in Six Sigma or other related disciplines.
- Experience in PLC's, Electrical schematics, pneumatics, and CE Marking.
- AutoCAD or Solid Works would be an advantage.
For further information on this Polymer Manufacturing Technician (Extrusion) role in Galway please contact Edel on 087 4108620 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.