Telephone: 091 730022
Portfolio Manager Galway
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Portfolio Manager for their site.
- The Portfolio Manager role is central to the product management function. The Portfolio Managers focus will be to:
- Deliver innovative solutions that meets the unmet needs of our customers and dealers
- Identify unarticulated customer needs and deliver disruptive solutions
- Ensure a healthy balance between the development of Horizon 1 (Tactical) and Horizon 2 & 3 (Strategic) solutions
- Act as an evangelist for Connected Solutions and Digital products
- Create and manage a suite of products that aligns with our strategic objectives
- Ensure collaboration and alignment across all in-line Product managers
- Manage a team of In-line Product Managers. Ensure the team aligns with Connected Solutions and Digital Strategies
- Gain a deep understanding of our end customers and customer's experience
- Actively engage in the creation of and review of Connected solutions and Digital strategies in conjunction with the Portfolio Leader.
- Maintain up to date market insight.
- Identify and fill product gaps. Review market requirements, formulate design concepts and solutions that creates value for our customers and a return on investment. Prioritize solutions to get optimal return while balancing tactical and strategic opportunities.
- Generate new ideas that grow market share, increase margin and improve customer experience
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver targeted products with fast time-to-market
- Drive product launches with appropriate members of the Portfolio Managers team. Work with the marketing team and executives to ensure a successful launch.
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and ensure key messages are delivered
- Work with other functional groups within the organization to ensure smooth execution through all stages of the product lifecycle
- Act as product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Support Long Range Plan and Annual Operating Plan regarding growth and product roadmap updates
- Actively participate in PGT conversations and ratify that PGT plans are in line with overall portfolio strategy
- Ensure effective short and long term demand planning for the portfolio, enabling achievement of growth objectives while maximizing return on investment
- Ensure product life-cycle management discipline across the portfolio
- Promote an organizational culture of continuous improvement, winning brand strategy and market leadership in new product development
- Minimum of 15 years of technical, commercial or product marketing experience
- Proficient in performing market research and analysis and competitive analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred)
- Excellent team work skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Sound program management, analysis, problem resolution, teambuilding, judgment and decision making skills
- Should have a proven track record in brining innovative solutions to market
- Must be able to travel 25-30% of the time
- A mix of Business, Technical and Operations experience is essential
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent telematics products
- Product Life-Cycle Management-Understanding of how products move through their lifecycle and how to maximize margin at each stage
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
For further information on this Portfolio Manager ole in Galway please contact Catriona Coogan on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval