Principal Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Athlone are currently looking to recruit an Principal Advanced Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
Together, we will change healthcare worldwide. Join us in our Mission to alleviate pain, restore health and extend life worldwide. Let's work together to address the universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives, optimize costs and efficiencies, and expand global access. Together, we can make a real difference in the global disparity in care. By providing quality care at the lowest possible cost, we will succeed as a company, and take the future of healthcare Further, Together.
Our Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) group champions the manufacturability of new product introductions from product design to the manufacturing process and is accountable for the practical application of design for excellence principles on the product/process development efforts. The AME group is also responsible for the formalization, coordination and implementation of product test strategies into manufacturing.
You will contribute by working as part of the development team to bring new products to market on time; in budget and within predetermined specifications. You will work as a core team member on the product development process (PDP) teams representing operations (Eng., Mfg., Tooling, Packaging, Procurement, Logistics) and will be accountable for leading manufacturing core teams during the different PDP phases. You will be accountable for key operations related deliverables within the (PDP) including but not limited to Mfg Plan; Make/Buy decisions analysis/recommendation; Capacity Planning; COGS estimation; Process Validation; Prototype Builds; Capital Equipment Specifications and Procurement; etc. You will be accountable for the application of Design for Excellence (DFX) principles such as DFM; DFC; DFQ; DFT. You will be responsible for the application of OpEx methodologies such as Six Sigma and LEAN to identify, validate and improve defect sources in a variety of business processes. You will also apply risk management methodologies such as DFMEA and PFMEA to identify actions that can be taken to eliminate or reduce the potential causes leading to failures. You will be required to adhere to SOP's and have the ability to prepare written policies, procedures, proposals, and reports in accordance with cGMP/FDA/ISO-13485 guidelines and regulations.
- We are looking or a person qualified to Degree Level (L8) in Mechanical Engineering with minimum of 10 years' experience in manufacturing engineering in a medical device or related industry. You will have a demonstrated track record of developing processes for new products including experience in Plastics Processing Mfg. Technologies (Moulding, Extrusion, Assembly of consumable medical devices).
- You will have a strong record of manufacturing operations management experience including the following; mfg. process management involving a collection of technologies and methods used to define how products are to be manufactured and end-to-end manufacturing process involving production management, performance analysis, quality and compliance. You will have knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- You will have experience with industrial engineering processes including takt/cycle times estimates, process flow, line layout, capacity planning. You will have strong Project Management Skills of manufacturing process from concept to delivery. You will have knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- You will have strong Mechanical Aptitude for understanding and using machines and/or tools.
- Additionally holding a certificate in Six Sigma/Lean is preferred.
- Leadership Expectations provide the framework for what we expect from all employees, outlining the actions and behaviours we must develop and demonstrate in pursuit of our Mission and global growth goals.
For further information on this Principal Advanced Manufacturing Engineer role in Athlone please contact Anne Gough on 0212066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval