Focusing on executing mission critical projects involving quality/compliance, cost reduction, and capacity/service, and on disseminating best practices and strategies in the areas of Project Management, Tooling, Automation, and Test Development.
The Principal Design Automation Engineer is directly involved in the application and dissemination of best practices for improving productivity, quality, or other measure of performance through automation and supports the development of strategies for automation that provide a road map to search for these improvements.
- Champions a common-sense approach to automation projects.
- Leads a program to search for improvements through principles and strategies for automation creating an improvements/automation roadmap which feeds into RGI’s capital assets budgeting for the next two years.
- Manages mission critical automation projects through their typical lifecycle for legacy products and new product development projects.
- Provides guidance to RGI manufacturing sites on automation strategies, best practices and project lifecycle workstream.
- Provides subject matter expertise to RGI and vendor automation related stakeholders as appropriate and performs test, debugging and troubleshooting activities on mission critical automation systems.
- Prepares design specifications, analysis and recommendations for presentation and approval.
- May specify materials, equipment and supplies required for completion of projects and evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Procures and manages vendors involved on mission critical automation projects (contracts, performance, payments).
- Ensures delivered automation systems adhere to applicable domestic and international standards as well as to company and manufacturing site’s EHS policies and SOP’s.Understand the existing process, Simplify the process,
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science, or closely related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in a medical device or related industry, with demonstrated track record of leading automation systems development.
- Knowledgeable & experienced about mechanical, electrical/electronic design, programmable logic controls (PLC) – Allen Bradley, pneumatic systems, motor control, vision systems, and instrumentation.
- Knowledgeable on project management of automation systems development lifecycle.
- Knowledgeable and experienced on Design for Excellence (DFX) Principles and risk management methodologies such as PFMEA.
- Strong mechanical aptitude (understanding and using machines and tools).
- Solid Works and/or AutoCAD, MS Office, MS Project.
- Effective verbal, non-verbal, visual, and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security and Data Integrity.
- Six Sigma/Lean certified preferred.
For further information on this Principal Design Automation Engineer role in Galway please contact Anna McGowan on 086 4667369 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.