Principal Design Automation Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12119
Principal Design Automation Engineer in Athlone
Our client a medical device company in Westmeath is looking for an experienced Principal Design Automation Engineer who will be directly involved in the application and dissemination of best practices for improving productivity, quality, or other measure of performance through automation and supports the development of strategies for automation that provide a road map to search for these improvements.
- Champions a common-sense approach to automation projects using the USA1 principle.
- Leads a program to search for improvements through USA principles and strategies for automation creating an improvements/automation roadmap which feeds into RGI’s capital assets budgeting for the next two years.
- Manages mission critical2 automation projects through their typical lifecycle3 for legacy products and new product development projects.
- Provides guidance to RGI manufacturing sites on automation strategies, best practices and project lifecycle3 workstream.
- Provides subject matter expertise4 to RGI and vendor automation related stakeholders as appropriate and performs test, debugging and troubleshooting activities on mission critical automation systems.
- Prepares design specifications, analysis and recommendations for presentation and approval.
- May specify materials, equipment and supplies required for completion of projects and evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
Procures and manages vendors involved on mission critical automation projects (contracts, performance, payments).
Understand the existing process, Simplify the process, Automate the process.
2. Quality, Cost Reduction, Capacity/Service.
3. As per MITG Automation Manual (formation – technical reviews/DFX/PFMEA – RFP – RFQ – Vendor selection – CER – Kick off – design reviews – FAT – SAT – Closeout).
4. Computer aided design (CAD) software engineering methods, theories and research techniques.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science, or closely related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a medical device or related industry, with demonstrated track record of leading automation systems development.
- Knowledgeable & experienced about mechanical, electrical/electronic design, programmable logic controls (PLC) – Allen Bradley, pneumatic systems, motor control, vision systems, instrumentation.
- Knowledgeable on project management of automation systems development lifecycle.
- Knowledgeable and experienced on Design for Excellence (DFX) Principles and risk management methodologies such as PFMEA.
- Strong mechanical aptitude (understanding and using machines and tools
- Solid Works and/or AutoCAD, MS Office, MS Project.
- Effective verbal, non-verbal, visual, and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security and Data Integrity.
- Six Sigma/Lean certified preferred
For further information on this role please contact Anna McGowan on 0864667369 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12164 Quality Control Supervisor Duration: 12 Months We are now recruiting a Quality Control Supervisor to…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12161 Network Architect My client a healthcare delivery enterprise are looking for a Network Architect to…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12163 Process Technician – Injection Moulding Key Responsibilities: Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting,…