Telephone: 086 8395533
Principal Engineer NPI
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Principal Engineer for their site.
This is a key role in the Engineering Group, providing leadership and technical support to the development activities within the group.
- The main function of this role is to support Product and/or Process Development activities in Technical Solutions and Production projects
- Manage product/process development activities with respect to:
- Design & Development.
- Product and Project Costing.
- Meeting agreed timelines.
- Provide technical guidance for and lead various product/process development programs within the current product pipeline.
- Pursue advanced development and research tasks leading to new business opportunities and product lines.
- Provide critical input to failure analysis and product characterization activities, to include test method development and validation.
- Manage teams of Engineers, Technicians and Operators through product development programs.
- Manage the progress and development of direct reports.
- Project management using standard methodology.
- Transfer of New Products to production, both within and between sites.
- Assist in training employees in new or improved processes.
- Process and product validation.
- Process / layout design and implementation.
- Develop and support related documentation.
- Sourcing, specifying and purchasing production equipment.
- Jigs and fixture specification and development.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Material Science, ideally with 8 years of relevant industrial experience.
Skills And Knowledge:
- Knowledge of engineering theories, methods and work measurement techniques.
- Ability to apply engineering methods in the definition, design, research, development, utilization, maintenance, and cost-control of processes and equipment to build products and improve qualities and reduce costs of such processes and products.
- Ability to communicate and work with people inside and outside the Department as necessary to execute these responsibilities.
- Ability to train and lead assigned employees.
- Ability to understand and follow appropriate Departmental policies, procedures, practices and to understand inter-relationships of people and functions.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations, systems and project management, including procurement, inventory control, quality control, production planning and control, test and inspection, layout.
For further information on this Senior Engineering Manager Design and development role in Galway please contact Bimi on 086 8395531 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.