Principal Equipment Design Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12663
Principal Equipment Engineer
My client a leading medical device company here in Galway is seeking an experienced Principal Equipment Engineer for their sit and to be a key member of the Equipment Engineering Group.
The Equipment Engineering department delivers innovative and effective automated equipment and systems solutions by researching emerging technologies and applying them to improve manufacturing processes.
As our Principal Equipment Engineer, you will engage with equipment requests from internal customers to define the scope of equipment needs, develop concept solutions and provide cost estimates with respect to the agreed scope. It is an exciting and growing function and you will join a diverse and experienced team.
Key Activities of the Role:
- Talk to equipment owners to understand their manufacturing challenges and gain a deep understanding of the solutions they require.
- Work with equipment owners to develop the correct user requirement specifications that meet the intended use of the final solution.
- Develop solution concepts in line with quality, service and cost requirements.
- Work with the broader Equipment Team to develop concepts and estimate costings for upcoming projects prior to customer final approval.
- Develop Request for Quotation (RFQ) documents for external vendors to review prior to submission of quotes.
- Work with external vendors to attain accurate quotes for project requirements.
- Prepare and present detailed proposals on solutions within scope.
- Provide detailed handovers to implementation engineering teams.
- Liaise with Project Tech Leads to discuss key project requirements.
Qualifications & Experienced:
- Engineering qualification equivalent to or above NFQ Level 8.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a senior role.
- Understanding of the principles of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Technical knowledge to consult & interpret both Mechanical & Electrical drawing information is preferable.
- Strong communication skills including presenting system concepts to a wider team is essential.
- Ability to network across the organisation and build strong relationships.
- Strong computer MS Office skills (PP, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must demonstrate an imaginative and creative approach to problem-solving and continuous improvement.
- Self-motivated and demonstrate an energetic work ethic when defining project requirements.
- Fundamental understanding of Project Management Systems, principles, and activities.
- Team performer with proven ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Keen interest in automation and the latest technologies in this field.
For further information on this Principal Equipment Engineering role in please contact Anna McGowan on 0864667369 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/ Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12718 Senior Supply Chain Planner We are looking to speak with experienced Supply Chain Professionals…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12646 Quality Team Lead Take a look at this excellent opportunity with our…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12619 Packaging Engineering Manager Permanent position Galway Exciting new role for a Packaging Engineering Manager to join one of…