Principal Hardware Engineer – Contract
Job ID: JOB-11523
Principal Hardware Design Engineer – Contract
Our client, a medical device company is currently looking to recruit a Principal Hardware Engineer on a contract basis for their site in Galway, with remote working options
At our world leading Research & Development Department, we focus on the development of cutting-edge medical devices. Our Engineers are directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures. As a Principal Hardware Design Engineer, you will be responsible to lead the electrical design, development and test for the embedded electronic platform of our medical devices.
- The technical role in electrical design, test, and documentation to meet compliance and performance requirements and satisfy customer needs of medical electro-mechanical systems.
- Responsible for the architecture, analysis, and development of hardware systems and components including circuit boards, power systems, processors, etc. for use in medical devices.
- Deliver high quality design, in a timely fashion and in accordance to medical device regulations (IEC 60601-1, ISO 13485, FDA US21CFR820, and CE MDR 2017/745).
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary cross of Software, Mechanical and biomedical engineers to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase
- Collaborate with operations engineers and vendors for production standards, test strategies and implementation.
- Hardware testing and troubleshooting, including board bring-up, design of test tooling and adaptation of existing platforms to new specifications.
- Plan through all project phases, strategy and execution of measurement system development/qualification, design verification and validation
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Evaluate and implements designs to ensure that all agency requirements (UL, IEC, FDA) are being met throughout the design process
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- We are looking for a qualified person with a minimum of Degree level 8 in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent with a minimum 8 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience – additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous.
- Experience of EMC testing including Conducted and Radiated Immunity, Conducted and Radiated Emissions, Current Leakage, and ESD Testing.
- Knowledge and experience in design of embedded microcontroller-based electronics devices, including FPGA-based, digital and analog design.
- Knowledge and experience using CAD systems for printed circuit board design (e.g. Altium, Cadence, OrCAD, Allegro PCB) and data acquisition software (LabVIEW))
- We are looking for a dynamic team player and leader that can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Ideally have experience in developing hardware solutions for medical devices or related industries
- Experience testing electronic devices to meet immunity and emissions requirements
- Experience in developing verification and validation protocols
- You are a seasoned professional in Hardware Engineering development with extensive engineering knowledge and skills in some or all of the following: component and system design, electrical/electronic system design in compliance with IEC 60601-1, miniaturized low-power electronic system design, schematic capture and PCB layout tools.
- We are looking for strong communication and presentation skills and fluency in English, both in writing and speaking.
For further information on this electronic role in Galway please contact Dee Curley on 086 7902191 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Job ID: JOB-11533 Senior Control Systems Engineer Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company are currently sourcing a Senior Control Systems…
Job ID: JOB-11520 Packaging Engineer My world leading medical technology client are recruiting for a Packaging Design Engineer for a…
Job ID: JOB-11519 My client a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and pharma products is recruiting for a QP…