Principal Process Development Engineer
Job ID: JOB-11876
Principal Process Development Engineer
You will be a key member of their Structural Heart & Aortic Engineering team you will ensure Operations functional support to the Product Development Core Teams. At the Process Development Department, you will focus on designing and developing cutting edge technologies for the manufacture of medical devices. Engineers are directly involved in the development of innovative products and processes for use in medical procedures.
- As a Principal engineer you will actively participate in all areas of new product development including the following: Design, Technology development & advancement, Automation, Vendor management & Project management.
- Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department
- Required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts
- Required to resolve technical challenges with existing processes and technologies.
- You will use Design, Reliability & Manufacturability methodology (DRM), 3-D drawing/printing and Augmented reality to develop best in class technologies for the manufacture of their new medical device product ranges.
- You will collaborate with cross functional teams to define, execute and deliver on New Product Development requirements.
- You will lead teams driving technology process innovation with emphasis on improving quality, reducing variation and developing state of the art automated and semi-automated systems.
- You will lead and support process development, characterization and validation activities to support new product introduction.
- Partake in cross site Technical Forums and build a network within the technical community
- Define and implement strategic goals in the technical community in line with the business unit strategy
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Third Level 8 Degree or higher in Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or related discipline and desirably with 10+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- This role is primarily technical in nature; thus they seek someone who is passionate about Engineering concepts and principles – someone who gets a thrill from how and why things work.
- You are experienced with medical device product and process development and have a strong proven track record in innovation and project/program management.
- You are a seasoned professional in engineering development with extensive engineering knowledge and skills in some or all of the following: Concept development and selection, technology evaluation, driving innovative solutions to complex problems, process design and development, materials (polymers and metals), design for six sigma principles, CAD (Solidworks preferred), statistical techniques, process validation and control.
- Dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams
- Good communicator and fluent in English, with a high level of enthusiasm and motivation.
- Good organizational, presentation and project management skills are necessary
- You are a proven influencer and exhibit skills in driving large scale technical initiatives.
For further information on this Principal Process Development Engoneer role in Galway, please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ email@example.com Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/ Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11974 IT Systems Administrator My pharma client based in County Galway are looking to hire an…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11973 Regulatory Affairs Specialist Permanent Job Purpose: As a Regulatory Affairs Specialist, you will be a…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11861 Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer Our client, is recruiting for a Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer to…