Telephone: 086 7738651
Principal Production Planner
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Principal Production Planner for their site.
Job Purpose: Leads and co-ordinates the Finished Goods Production Planning, Master Schedule and Inventory Management activity across manufacturing sites. Proactively drives the identification of opportunities across intercompany sites by incorporating appropriate actions within the build plan cycles. Co-ordinates, across multiple sites as required, aligning within cycle schedules in the event of material shortages, backlogs or schedule interruptions. Provides input to senior management regarding risks / opportunities and is a primary interface with GSC, NPD/Programme Management, Clinical and Finance for confirming global build volumes and inventory levels during the budgeting and re-forecasting processes.
- Interfaces with all key functions to ensure demand inputs are current, including Global Supply Chain, Clinical & NPD/Programme Mgt.
- Centrally leads and co-ordinates the Production Build Plan and Master Schedule on a monthly basis across the Lotus manufacturing sites to satisfy overall demand requirements, optimise inventory levels and minimise material obsolescence.
- Co-ordinates the weekly global Lotus schedule adherence performance and communicates, escalates and supports as appropriate.
- Develops "what if" scenario analyses based on changing business circumstances or demand inputs.
- Establishes controls, systems and tools to maintain the necessary inventory flow for sister-site & 3rd party components availability.
- Confirms the Build Volume and appropriate Inventory levels for the Lotus sites for the AOP and re-forecasting processes.
- Communicates Lotus Build Plan schedules, Inventory forecasts and Key Risks/Opportunities to all key stakeholders globally across the Lotus sites.
- Follows-up on key actions arising from Risks/Opportunities during each Build Plan cycle, delegating and driving accountability to the right level.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a Level 8 (240 ECT's) degree in Materials or Business Management (or related discipline).
- Minimum 7 years demonstrated successful experience in a planning environment at a Supervisory level.
- Experience of ERP systems is required, SAP preferable.
- Proficient user in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with strong working knowledge of MS Word.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving & communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to pro-actively respond to changing business conditions and real time customer delivery issues.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask.
- Flexibility is required. Must be able to work as and when required to fulfil business needs.
For further information on this Principal Production Planner role in Galway please contact Fiona on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.