Principal Project Management Specialist
Job ID: JOB-12486
Principal Project Management Specialist
Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and values what makes you unique is so important. It’s worth taking the time to get this right.
This Project Management job opportunity located in Galway is hybrid working. It is one of those stand out positions that don’t come along every day.
Be part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations. The Research & Development Department focuses on the development of cutting-edge medical devices. Our Project Managers are directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures.
A Day in The Life Of:
- You will be responsible for representing the Project Management Office (PMO) group on teams serving as PMO in the execution New Product Development projects.
- Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- You will build cross functional project schedules from first principles.
- Manages the development and implementation process of a company’s products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products.
- You will contribute to defining the direction for new products, processes, standards, or operational plans based on business strategy with a significant impact on work group results.
- May manage large projects or processes that span outside of immediate job area.
- You will be leading project management activities (e.g., project planning, tracking, risk management, communications) within New Product Development (NPD) projects, lead continuous improvement projects to drive better execution of NPD projects and drive projects/sub-projects as necessary.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers and clients.
- Monitors the project from initiation through delivery.
- You may have responsibility for resource management activities.
- You will support the overall project management infrastructure (metrics, reporting, administration, design, business reviews etc.).
- You will contribute occasionally as leader of crisis teams chartered with getting projects back on track.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client satisfaction goals and objectives.
- You will manage changing priorities on projects through effective schedule management and deployment of Project Management methodologies.
- You will keep the Team Leader and key Sponsors and Stakeholders abreast of organizational capacity constraints and portfolio risks.
- You will establish, maintain, and continuously improve the project management processes, guidelines, tools, and business processes, including templates, best practices, and overall implementation.
- Train teams on adopted project management methodologies within NPD projects and within the global company PMO.
- You are a recognized expert, managing large projects or processes.
- Typically provides guidance, coaching and training to other employees within the job area.
- You will operate as role model by striving for continuous improvement and being an agent of change.
- Hybrid working.
Key Skills & Experience
- We are looking for a qualified person to Degree level 8 in Engineering / Science or related discipline
- 7-10 years’ experience working in Project Management product development environment
- PMP, Agile and/or Master’s in Project Management is desirable
- You are a dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross functional global teams.
- You are experienced with MS project, MS Office, and good team skills with a high level of enthusiasm and motivation.
- Excellent communication, organizational, presentation and leadership skills are desirable.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- The company offer a competitive salary and flexible Benefits Package
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on firstname.lastname@example.org or 086-3073779
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12997 Manufacturing Engineer Our client a medical device world leader in Clonmel is recruiting for a…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12992 Warehouse Coordinator Galway Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12987 Senior Quality Engineer- Design Assurance We know it’s not all about the money when you’re…