Telephone: 087 2197421
Principal Project Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Principal Project Manager for their site.
- Program/Project Management and Execution
- Lead mid-sized to large scale complex cross-functional and international full life cycle implementation project teams.
- Develop and execute well-structured work plans, facilitate project and governance meetings, and use Project Management, Lean, and system implementation tools/methodologies
- Lead, oversee and influence others, especially to deliver projects on-time, on-budget, and to achieve/exceed the project goals
- Facilitate issue escalations and resolution via coordinating solution development across the project team, steering committee and key business stakeholders
- Handle project risks and challenges effectively in a self-directed manner.
- Facilitate the successful implementation of project recommendations
- Create solid business cases and selling messages to articulate the value proposition to advocate for and support the change
- Direct and/or indirect manage the budget of one or more projects/programs.
- Inspiring a Global Community of 700+ members to improve the quality and value of service provided to our customers (internal & external) in a more cost effective way.
- Analyse root cause problems and processes by process mapping, assessing as-is metrics, quantifying project findings, benchmarking performance, and synthesizing results.
- Recommend and implement methods to sustain improvements through metric and control monitoring.
- Make continuous improvement recommendations and present project conclusions to businesses, functions and management by leveraging leading practices, monitoring performance metrics, and benchmarking performance across end-to-end business processes.
- Work with businesses and other customer service leaders to proactively identify, prioritize, facilitate and lead operational improvement initiatives
- Motivate, mentor and teach others the principles and tools of Project Management and Lean with the ability to share examples across end-to-end processes, offer alternatives, and provide constructive feedback to create a culture of continuous improvement throughout the company
- Ability to manage and inspire a cross-functional global team.
- Ability to influence in a matrixed organization.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Demonstrate proficiency effectively presenting complex topics in an easy-to-understand manner and facilitating meetings with key stakeholders (inc Directors, Vice Presidents, and Business owners).
- Seek to focus on increasing service capability offered by the Global Customer Services organization and other areas of the business working as a team member and Lean expert on larger projects which improve global delivery capabilities
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
Minimum Education and Experience (or Equivalent):
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering, IT or Business). Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working and leading project initiatives.
- Prior experience leading cross-functional projects with comfort managing and working with teams both in-person and virtually.
- 5+ years of business experience using a full life-cycle project management methodology (Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, PMBOK, PMP, DMAIC etc), including the application of change management principles
- Relevant Experience working within Customer Services or Operations with Functional knowledge of the customer – to-cash business processes is an asset.
- Core Skills: Superior problem solving skills, solid requirements gathering, critical thinking skills, leadership qualities, executive influencing skills, communication and consulting skills, team/interpersonal skills, and strong Finance, IT and/or Operations background, ability to quickly learn and assertively engage with resources at all levels within the organization, global awareness and sensitive to multiple cultures.
- Project and Change Management Experience: Project planning, portfolio management, change management, business case development and experience using change management and system implementation methodologies. Prior experience leading systems implementation projects through the full life-cycle preferred. PMP certification is a distinct advantage.
- Systems Experience: Experience partnering with the Information Systems department and managing system implementation projects, SAP, Customer Services systems (e.g. EDI, Esker, Service Cloud, etc), Understanding of workflow tools, MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio).
- Services Experience: Service management, operational metrics and scorecards, and experience within a progressive global operating model (preferred).
- Lean Experience: Preferably exposure or involvement in Kaizen facilitation and execution process mapping, and ability to identify, prioritize, and implement continuous improvement ideas and initiatives. Lean Green or Black Belt is an asset. Having lead lean transformations is a distinct advantage.
- PC literacy: Interested and ability to quickly learn and productively use new software applications.
- Language: Fluent in English. An additional language is an asset.
- Travel: Occasional, travel to other sites, Customer & 3rd Party service provider sites may be required
For further information on this Principal Project Manager role in Galway please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval