Telephone: 087 2197421
Principal Project Manager – Design Services
Our client, a Medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Principal Project Manager – Design Services for their site.
- The Principal Project Manager (PM) will report to the Director of Design Services.
- The PM is responsible for the planning, management and completion of the Project to start up a Development and Manufacturing Center in India.
- The PM will be responsible for coordination and leadership of all activities related to starting up the Center in India.
- The PM will have extensive experience in the medical device industry, understanding the requirements needed for a development and manufacturing site.
- The PM will have experience leading global projects; specifically related to transfers, plant start up and/or plant shut down.
Job Responsibilities as Principal Project Manager – Design Services:
- The PM will be responsible for generating and getting approval of the overall project plan; including all aspects such as schedule, cost, and resources
- The PM will be required to travel up to 50% to the locations necessary to fully execute the Project
- The PM will lead project team(s) to deliver project(s) against agreed milestones
- The PM will manage project scope (Schedule, cost, quality), change and management of projects.
- The PM will be responsible for the leadership and deliverables for the project.
- The PM will communicate project status, performance and risks
- The PM will be required to lead a core team of resources; this includes coaching and coordinating the project team in pursuit of project objectives, including time management, resource management and project risk management.
- Customer management: The PM will have the responsibility for customer interaction specific to the project, and is consulted on functional issues that could affect the relationship.
- The PM ensures through clear communication with the customer, that both explicit and implicit customer requirements are well understood and taken into account.
- Partner with customers, suppliers, vendors and internal cross-functional teams to deliver project goals. Build and maintain a network of relationships in all Functions (R&D, Sales, Finance, Purchasing, Quality and manufacturing).
- Contribute to business development opportunities including customer visits (including foreign travel) as well as proposal development and generation and technical review of opportunities.
- All other duties as directed by direct manager
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering/Science or similar technical field from an accredited college or university.
- 15 years’ experience in medical devices with exposure to medical devices & catheter technology a distinct advantage.
- 5+ years in project management/leadership capacity with responsibility for coordination of resources and facilities for projects.
- Experience with Development and/or Manufacturing Site start ups or shut downs
- Experience with product transfers across international Sites
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in particular focusing on working with customers and the leadership of teams. The person will have previous exposure to working with and meeting customer expectations.
- The ideal candidate will have exposure to development projects from concept to commercialization.
- Experience of validation (product and/or process) and new product to production transfers an advantage.
- Strong management (project and personnel) capabilities with proven experiences, knowledge of the PMBOK project management methodology an advantage.
- Experience of product development cycles from development through to regulatory submissions and product commercialisation a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of medical risk management, design control and general medical device quality systems an advantage.
For further information on this Principal Project Manager – Design Services role in Galway please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.