Principal Quality Engineer
Job ID: JOB-11970
PRINCIPAL QUALITY ENGINEER
Our client, a global leader in medical devices are currently recruiting for a Principal Quality Engineer for their site in Athlone, Westmeath. This is commutable from Longford, Galway, Cavan, Meath, Offaly and Roscommon. You will be responsible for providing input and critical review and approval of all validation activities at the plant and have responsibility and authority to service, co-ordinate, direct and control manufacturing quality engineering support and calibration activities.
- Manages quality systems within the plant which are necessary to meet manufacturing and regulatory requirements Provides oversight for the development and maintenance of quality programs, systems, processes and procedures that ensure compliance with policies and that the performance and quality of services conform to established internal and external standards and guidelines.
- Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting policies, regulatory and/or governmental regulations, and internal regulations to assure compliance.
- Leads audit and inspection preparation, resolution of audit and inspection findings and liaises with auditing groups and inspectors through all stages of the audits.
- Ensures the quality assurance programs and policies are maintained and modified regularly.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the site in the areas of validation, calibration and manufacturing quality engineering support.
- Use quality engineering methods/techniques to ensure products released for distribution meet their intended performance requirements for safety and efficacy.
- Participate and provide technical support on technical project teams.
- Support manufacturing transfer from R&D.
- Support inter site technology transfer.
- Prepares reports and/or necessary documentation and provides to applicable stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Work with Design QA with respect to compilation of risk assessments where applicable.
- Provision of trending and associated metrics for the areas of calibration, validation and manufacturing support.
- A third level qualification (Level 8) in quality or a related discipline.
- A good understanding ISO 13485, FDA QSRs, JPAL and Canadian Medical Device regulations is desirable for this position in tandem with strong analytical, technical writing and computer literacy skills
- Five or more years’ experience in a quality role encompassing the areas listed above
- Good working knowledge of Maths and statistics Familiarity with global regulatory standards associated with medical devices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Lead auditor qualification preferred, not required.
For further information on this Principal Quality Engineer Role please contact Mark Wilson on 0860449473 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12034 Manufacturing/Process Engineer II Location: Clare Reporting to: Engineering Manager Purpose Statement The person taking up…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12033 SOURCING ENGINEER Our Client, a global leader in Medical Devices are seeking to attract a…
Job ID: JOB-11903 Recruitment Consultant HERO Recruitment is hiring a Recruitment Consultant for our Galway office. Our company is a…