Telephone: 086 8395533
Principal R&D Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Principal R&D Engineer for their site.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Representing the product development function in cross-functional product commercialisation teams from Front End Innovation through to Commercial Launch.
- Design and development of new products, including concept development, high-level design feasibility, prototype development, detailed design, test method development, design verification/validation, shelf-life determination and product commercialisation.
- Application of both new and existing technologies, materials and processes to deliver the optimum product design ensuring the establishment of excellent standards of performance.
- Liaising with clinicians and with customers to understand their needs and to therefore optimize product functionality and performance.
- Preparation of technical documentation in accordance with regulatory and design control requirements and with the company's development processes.
- Developing a high level of understanding of internal customer requirements.
- Conducting sophisticated analysis of data and developing detailed reports documenting results, conclusions and recommendations
- An honours Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related discipline is required.
- A technical Master Degree or PhD in a related discipline is required.
- Project Management experience is required
- A minimum of 12 years product development in medical device design is required.
Specialized skills/technical knowledge
Product Design Experience
- Significant experience in medical device design principals, material selection, design concept validation and test method development.
- Deep understanding of existing and new technology (design and material) areas, industry trends, and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to generate prototypes and product samples for basic through advanced level prototyping.
- Expert knowledge of prototyping methods.
- Experience of working under medical device design controls, with proven knowledge of design verification/validation and design/process FMEAs.
- An advanced understanding of medical device quality systems, biomaterial safety and external regulatory requirements.
- An advanced and broad understanding of manufacturing processes and product/process relationships and process qualification.
- Deep understanding of interaction and independency of the products design, materials and manufacturing process.
- Strong initiative and follow through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles and balancing multiple priorities effectively through strong technical and/or project leadership experience.
- A demonstrated track-record of being part of successful cross-functional product development teams.
- Advanced understanding of financial analysis and impacts related to business case, product development and strategic objectives (e.g., cost of goods sold, gross margin, NPV, IRR etc.).
- Advanced problem solving, decision making and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to all relevant stakeholders.
- Advanced ability to translate customer/business needs into product concepts and prototypes
- Advanced ability to search, read, interpret, understand and gain insights from patent documents. An advanced understanding of the legal process for protecting intellectual property.
- Ability to coach, teach and mentor others in areas of technical expertise. Demonstrate technical leadership in areas of technical competency.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and CAD software.
For further information on this Principal R&D Engineer role in Mayo please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval