Principal R&D Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Principal R&D Engineer for their site.
At our Research & Development Department, we focus on the development of cutting edge medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular space. Our Engineers are directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures. Principal R&D Engineers are directly involved in all stages of the product development process from concept generation through to commercialization of cutting edge Coronary and Structural Heart Business Units.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Continually identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
- Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
- Effectively represent Medtronic while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product / process / engineering / leadership fronts
- May be required to resolve technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
- Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers
- Partake in cross site Technical Forums and build a network within the technical community
- Define and implement strategic goals in the technical community in line with the business unit strategy
- Design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot and provides technical skills during research and / or product development
- Design studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise
- May be involved in product research and development and / or clinical trials
- Translates research discoveries into usable and marketable products
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- We are looking for a qualified person with a minimum of Degree level 8 in Engineering or related discipline with a minimum 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience – additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous.
- We are looking for a dynamic team player and leader that can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- We are looking for an individual with extensive medical device product development experience and a strong proven track record in innovation and project / program management.
- We are looking for a proven influencer and someone who exhibit skills in driving large scale technical initiatives.
- We are looking for strong communication and presentation skills and fluency in English, both in writing and speaking.
Leadership Expectations provide the framework for what we expect from all employees - outlining the actions and behaviours we must develop and demonstrate in pursuit of our Mission and global growth goals.
- We are committed to being experts in what we do, with a clear vision of where we are going and the plan to get there.
- Demonstrates Global Business Acumen
- Thinks Critically and Makes Sound Decisions
- Sets Strategic Direction
- We partner with and involve others, knowing that diverse talent, skills, and perspectives lead to better outcomes.
- Collaborates and Creates Alignment
- Attracts, Deploys, and Develops Talent
- Fosters Diversity and Inclusion
- We are bold thinkers who create new ideas and bring our best solutions forward to benefit our patients, partners, and customers.
- Focuses on Patient and Customer
- Generates Breakthrough Ideas
- Initiates and Leads Change
We do what we say we are going to do, delivering results with the highest standards.
- Sets High Standards
- Instils Operational Excellence
- Drives Accountability
- Models Ethical Behaviour
For further information on this Principal R&D Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 0868395533/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval