Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Principal R&D Engineer for their site.
At our Research & Development Department, we focus on the development of cutting edge medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular space. Our Engineers are directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures. Principal R&D Engineers are directly involved in all stages of the product development process from concept generation through to commercialization of cutting edge Coronary and Structural Heart Business Units.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Continually identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
- Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
- Effectively the company while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product / process / engineering / leadership fronts
- May be required to resolve technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
- Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers
- Partake in cross site Technical Forums and build a network within the technical community
- Define and implement strategic goals in the technical community in line with the business unit strategy
- Design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot and provides technical skills during research and / or product development
- Design studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise
- May be involved in product research and development and / or clinical trials
- Translates research discoveries into usable and marketable products
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Degree level 8 in Engineering or related discipline with a minimum 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience – additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous.
- Dynamic team player and leader that can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Medical device product development experience and a strong proven track record in innovation and project / program management.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and fluency in English, both in writing and speaking.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.