Our client a MNC medical device manufacturer is recruiting for a Principle R&D Engineer for their Galway site. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to take their place within one of the fastest growing businesses in medical devices. Innovating at the forefront of interventional treatment, as a technical leader of teams you will have opportunities to guide the development of never before seen heart valve devices, from project concept through to execution and beyond.
- Continually identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
- Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
- Effectively represent the company while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product / process / engineering / leadership fronts
- May be required to resolve technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
- Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers
- Partake in cross site Technical Forums and build a network within the technical community
- Define and implement strategic goals in the technical community in line with the business unit strategy
- Design studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise
- May be involved in product research and development and / or clinical trials
- Translates research discoveries into usable and marketable products
Education, Skills and Experience
- Degree level 8 in Engineering or related discipline with a minimum 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience – additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous.
- Dynamic team player and leader that can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Extensive medical device product development experience and a strong proven track record in innovation and project / program management.
- Influencer and someone who exhibit skills in driving large scale technical initiatives.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and fluency in English, both in writing and speaking.
For further information on this Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 0863073779/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.