Our client, a medical device company in Clare is currently looking to recruit a Principal Regulatory Affairs Specialist for their site.
Responsible for managing all facets of regulatory support to market Zimmer Biomet products. This includes developing regulatory submissions, managing departmental projects, requesting and reviewing site specific labeling, and providing guidance and consultation for domestic and international regulations, interacting with governmental agencies
- Management of the RA function for all manufacturing transfers, manufacturing process changes, introduction of new critical vendors and new product introductions. This includes creating regulatory strategies and managing the execution of these to ensure minimal interruption in commercialization.
- Management of the submission of registration documentation to relevant regulatory agency or local representative:
- Prepares/Reviews Change Notifications to the EU design dossier for EU Class III products according to EU MDD 93/42/EEC, EU MDR 2017/745 and applicable NBOG guidance documents. This includes hosting on-site reviews by the Notified Bodies and being the main contact for reviews.
- Updates/Maintains of EU Technical Files for EU Class IIb as part of the CE Marking process (according to EU MDD 93/42/EEC and EU MDR 2017/745).
- Prepares/Reviews product registration for OUS countries to support the Demand Plan.
- Prepares/Reviews PMA supplements to FDA (Real Time Requests, 30 Day Notices, and Manufacturing Site Change Supplements) for changes to US Class III products/process
- Preparation of the site portion of the Annual Report for US Class III products to FDA.
- Regulatory approval of labelling for product transfers or new product introduction in accordance with relevant labelling requirement.
- Management of the renewal of licenses for currently marketed medical devices.
- Management of all Regulatory assessments including managing field notifications in relation to the modification to existing products and introduction of new products using relevant guidance documents.
- Responds to requests from relevant regulatory agency or local representative relating to previously submitted documentation for marketing approval.
- Keeps all areas of Zimmer Biomet informed of regulatory requirements and emerging issues which may affect the registration approval of products
- Manages and approves any label requests for creation or update of ZOML specific labels associated with changes, new product introduction or new manufacturing transfer activities
- Interprets and applies FDA regulations to business practices and provides regulatory input, advise, and guidance to the organization
- Establishes Zimmer Biomet RA policies and procedures and ensures compliance with them
- Communicates with Regulatory/Governmental agencies
- Responsibility for oversight and prioritization of departmental tasks and projects
- Ensures FDA FURL for ZOML, approved sterilization sites and any contract manufacturers remain up to date and renewed annually
- Miscellaneous responsibilities as assigned
Expected Areas of Competence (i.e. KSAs)
- Demonstrated strong writing and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels, including with regulatory agencies, superiors, peers,
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills; strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities; ability to manage projects of various sizes, constitutions, and management of personnel; versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work with changing priorities
- Advanced knowledge of overall medical device business environment, with knowledge of orthopedic industry and products being advantages
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of relevant regulations, and ability to stay abreast of regulations pertinent to medical devices, as applicable
- Ability to function well as a member of the team and team leader, as well as build relationships between RA and other areas of the organization
- Ability to identify and assess business risks to develop Regulatory strategy
- Ability to handle increasing levels of responsibility
- Ability to build and lead a strong RA team; ability to lead and influence others
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to negotiate with regulatory agencies, management, and other groups as necessary
- Advanced knowledge of FDA and EU regulations (including labeling regulations) and regulations outside of the US/EU as applicable
Education/ Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (or non-US equivalent) required; concentration in life sciences, technical/engineering or related field, preferred
- 6-8 years of experience in Regulatory Affairs, including preparation of submissions to the FDA/EU
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in medical device, drugs, biologics, and/or combination products, preferred
- Regulatory Affairs Certification (US or EU) preferred
- A combination of education, experience, leadership, strategy and RA influence may be considered
For further information on this Quality Manager role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.