Our client, a medical device company in Mayo is currently looking to recruit a Principal RTD Scientist for their site.
The Principal Scientist conducts sophisticated analysis of test data in the course of developing new technologies primarily in the area of polymers and polymer coatings, especially hydrophilic ones. They also serve as a technical resource for innovation. They should be self-directed and able to make decisions independently on technical problems and methods. They should be able to identify advanced technology ideas and guide their integration. They recommend and champion new product areas, provide overall business and marketing input, and design research or develop new applications resulting in new product or business opportunity. They are also responsible for significant contributions to the development of the company’s products and are a recognized as a subject matter expert in the field of material science.
- Leads complex technology development projects from conception through to implementation in new and existing products.
- Develop new technologies through defining requirements, scouting and experimentation of possible solutions, demonstration of solution and then transfer into high volume manufacture
- Is the subject matter expert in polymers and polymer coatings from both a product design and process perspective.
- Plays a lead role in patent, intellectual property practices within the company.
- Understands and demonstrates the value of multifunctional, multicultural teamwork
- Coaches others to lead projects and assists colleagues in refining ideas and methods.
- Makes decisions independently on technical problems and integrates efforts across functions and departments
- Drives continuous improvement in organization processes and products
Academic Credentials/Length of Experience
- Technical Masters Degree and 12 years or PhD and 8 years of experience in material science / polymer / polymer coating related discipline; patents or publishing in clearly recognized professional journals strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience in the medical device industry is also a distinct advantage.
Specialized skills/technical knowledge
- Modifies and extends theories, precepts, and practices of polymers and polymer coatings (especially hydrophilic coatings) and related disciplines
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of scientific principles and practices in broad areas of assignments
- Cutting edge knowledge of the technology/industry, it’s trends and directions
- Conducts exploration of subject areas for novel concepts and approaches
- Develops sophisticated reports documenting research results
- Demonstrates advanced analytic problem solving abilities with some synthetic abilities
For further information on this Principal RTD Scientist role in Mayo please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.