Our client has a job vacancy for a permanent Principal Scientist in Longford. This role will involve ensuring the site its customer quality, service, regulatory, financial and safety goals through effective leadership, support and management improvement projects
- Conduct business in a manner that will protect human health, safety and the environment by complying with all applicable EHS laws
- Lead and manage product improvement team
- Support and lead the technical aspect of design transfer activities and new product launches as required. Understand the design transfer process and be knowledgeable on all transfer products under your remit.
- Identify and communicate any project related technical issues to line manager and Senior Management Team and develop contingencies as applicable.
- Effectively balances compliance risk and business risk to create and approve risk management files as required.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the application of the Quality Policy through daily activities. Bring to the attention of the Technical, Quality and Operations Managers in areas of risk in the production or Quality Systems operations which might have an adverse effect on product safety or quality.
- Ensure that the plant meets the quality requirements of its customers, internal quality systems, internal & external auditors and other external agencies.
- Ensure applicable GMP and GLP requirements are maintained.
Education, experience and skills:
- A Bachelor?s of Science degree or higher in a relevant Chemistry or Life Science discipline as this will provide an understanding of the scientific principles required to understand the manufacturing processes and the skills required to record and analyse data from process testing or laboratory experiments.
- Two years? experience in the development, design transfer or manufacturing support of diagnostic assays.
- Two years? experience in a technical position in a relevant scientific industry.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification is desirable
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- A good understanding of assay design & performance & opportunities for products & cost improvements
For further information on this Principal Scientist role in Longford please contact Cliona O?Malley on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval