Principal Technical Sourcing Specialist
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Principal Technical Sourcing Specialist for their site.
What will I be doing
- Contribute to the success of New Product Development by working closely with the R&D engineering staff to find robust suppliers for components and assemblies from the existing supply base or by finding new suppliers that offer the best quality, performance and cost for our products.
- Responsible for leading, developing and executing sourcing strategies that are in alignment with cross-functional groups such as Category Managers, Site Sourcing, R&D, Quality and other stakeholders.
- Provide clear communications to suppliers on these strategies as well as developing contracts and other agreements to support them.
- Support DFM and other early supplier involvement initiatives.
- You will facilitate and participate in R&D and supplier technical and business meetings to ensure team timelines and objectives are met.
- You will liaise with multidisciplinary and cross-functional groups in other Business Units and locations to ensure alignment with team objectives.
What do I need
- Bachelor Degree Level (L8) in Business, Supply Management, Engineering or related discipline with 10-14 years minimum relevant experience
- Team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are experienced with New Product Development or NPI efforts.
- Technical acumen in injection molding, machining and other manufacturing methods are desirable.
For further information on this Principal Technical Sourcing Specialist role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 0860449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval