Principal Validation Engineer
Job ID: JOB-13218
Principal Engineer- Validation
The Analog Power and Interface Division (APID) provides solutions for power conversion and system interfacing that complement Our Clients’s wide variety of products, such as MCUs, MPUs, and FPGAs. The power conversion portfolio includes a wide range of products including linear regulators, MOSFET and motor drivers, switch-mode controllers, switching regulators, and LED drivers. For higher power density solutions, APID also offers integrated power modules, which combine a regulator, inductor, and input/output caps into a single package. In addition to power conversion, APID produces protection and distribution devices, such as supervisors, load switches, hot-swap controllers, and efuses.
What will you do in this position
Reporting to the APID Validation Manager Engineer in Bucharest, Romania you will be part of Global APID Product/Validation Team as a Product/ Validation Principal Enginier, responsible for Automated IC Validation.
What’s attractive about this opportunity
This position will allow you to address several markets with their distinct constraints and challenges. This is a great opportunity for self-motivated team player willing to grow and impact business by contributing to solutions to tomorrow’s challenges.
Key job responsibilities/duties include:
- Automated test development: develop an automated test capable of collecting data for datasheet char graphs. This would include software development to support the process.
- Gather data on new products using meters, power supplies, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, network analyzers, generators, I2C and SPI, relay boards, thermostreams, electronic loads.
- The ability to gather and analyze the data and be able to do analysis on it (mean, standard deviation, graphs) using Excel and VBA.
- Prepare validation plan (define measurement conditions with designer/application teams).
- The ability to take the data gathered and to select the right equipment for testing speed/accuracy ratio.
- Play the role of mentoring for junior engineers. Help them to understand validation flow and prepare them to validate project on their own.
- Maintain, execute, analyze, debug test environments, and to interpret the test results.
- Provide training and support with other team members.
- Integrate new instruments, algorithms in automated validation setup by developing new libraries in LabVIEW.
- Ability to select the most appropriate equipment to be acquired for the validation of the new lines of products.
- Ability to work remote on bench.
- Degree in Electronics, Automatics or Electrical Engineering.
- 7+ years of experience in electronics. At least three years’ experience in validation or similar area. Competencies
- Area of experience must cover validation for at least a few families of circuits: Power management circuits (BUCK, BOOST, LDO, Power Controllers), Opamps, Comparators, DACs, ADCs, digital circuits, I2C and SPI communications.
- Knowledge of LabVIEW or similar tools used in test automation.
- PCB design experience is a plus.
- PCB rework skills are an advantage.
- Should have good knowledge of English and good communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, locally and globally.
For further information on this role in Validation please contact Michael Brennan on Hire@hero.ie or 086-440 3742
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13245 R&D Manager – Photochromic and Liquid Crystal Technology Company Overview: Over 25 years of successful…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13243 Senior Quality Compliance Specialist Purpose This role participates in maintaining site compliance of operations inclusive…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13235 Manufaturing Engineering Supervisor Location: Clare Great opportunity to to be part of a diagnostics manufacturing…