Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Principle Engineer - Materials Scientist for their site.
Lead the identification and development of new processing techniques for materials in medical devices, including implantable constructs, to overcome current materials and processing limitations. This includes developing of broad understanding of and the application of materials science and engineering disciplines.
- Develops technical solutions to complex technical problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Solutions may require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Assume the role of technical mentor for engineers in the function.
- Will monitor and control progress of work ensuring sound application of engineering principles and the appropriate use of policies and procedures.
- May function in a technical leadership role on major programs.
- Develop a detailed understanding of "best practice" in product/process performance within the medical device industry.
- Develop a support network of key divisional/corporate leaders, academic and supplier partners to enhance understanding of product manufacturing and quality.
- Lead a culture of innovation within the function by developing and implementing engineering forums and reviews for the engineering team.
- Drive high levels of employee engagement through a highly effective support structure developed and implemented for all engineers.
- Ensure adherence to GMP and safety procedures.
- Review and approval of validation documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge:
- B.S in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline with 10 or more years' experience; Related master's degree with 6 or more years of experience; PhD with 2 or more years of experience may also be desirable.
- Ideal qualification will be Materials Science/Materials Science and Engineering, Polymer Science/Engineering, possibly Chemical Engineering with relevant experience.
- Polymer material characterization (structure characterisation, TGA, FTIR experience)
- Mechanical testing of polymers (tensile strength, fatigue etc.)
- Chemical and mechanical stability
- Broad based business experience in high performance multi-national enterprise, at least 3 years of which has been spent in operations and/or technical leadership level in Medical Device or other highly regulated industries.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills - able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams. Be open minded with the ability to recognise good ideas.
- Strong capability to network and influence at all organisation levels
- Demonstrated project management and engineering expertise associated with new product introduction (NPI) in a regulated environment.
- Strong analytical ability with a high aptitude for understanding systems, gathering data and performing research.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and have the ability to understand geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Detailed understanding of the validation and verification process and its application relating to new products.
- Green or Black Belt 6 Sigma qualification is an advantage.
- High level of PC Skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
For further information on this Principle Engineer - Materials Scientist role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval