Telephone: 086 3073779
Principle Engineer – Mechanical & Process
Our client, a Medical Device company in Cork is currently looking to recruit an Principle Engineer – Mechanical & Process for their site.
- The candidate will be responsible for accelerating the pace and effectiveness of NPI by developing a culture of innovation within the engineering team while leveraging our GQO and divisional partnerships.
- Technical oversight and leadership for programmes and for setting technical direction and competency framework for the multi-site engineering team.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining the technical objectives of the assignment
Responsibilities as Principle Engineer – Mechanical & Process:
- Develops technical solutions to complex technical problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Solutions may require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Assume the role of technical mentor for engineers in the function.
- Will monitor and control progress of work ensuring sound application of engineering principles and the appropriate use of policies and procedures.
- May function in a technical leadership role on major programs.
- Develop a detailed understanding of ""best practice"" in product/process performance within the medical device industry.
- Develop a support network of key divisional/corporate leaders, academic and supplier partners to enhance understanding of product manufacturing and quality.
- Lead a culture of innovation within the function by developing and implementing engineering forums and reviews for the engineering team.
- Drive high levels of employee engagement through a highly effective support structure developed and implemented for all engineers.
- Ensure adherence to GMP and safety procedures.
- Review and approval of validation documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
- B.S in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline with 10 or more years’ experience; Related masters degree with 6 or more years of experience; PhD with 2 or more years of experience may also be desirable.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in transferring MedTech product designs from Concept phase through to launch & live production.
- In-depth knowledge of Mechanical design and development of complex manufacturing processes & products for medical devices.
- Knowledge and experience with medical device materials & their applications with the medical device products .
- Working knowledge of Design for Six Sigma, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, Statistical Analysis methods, and Design of Experiments.
- Must be abreast of new science and technological developments and be able exploit them to continuously improve functional area capabilities.
- Proven track record of Technical mentoring, coaching & developing engineering teams through technical challenges over a program lifecycle.
- Proven track record for setting engineering goals and embedding Quality first in the project space
- Experience in developing a detailed understanding of "best practice" in product/process performance within the medical device industry.
- Experience in developing a support network of key divisional/corporate leaders, academic and supplier partners to enhance understanding of product manufacturing and quality.
- Experience in leading a culture of innovation within the function by developing and implementing engineering forums and reviews for the engineering team.
For further information on this Principle Engineer – Mechanical & Process role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.