Process Control Engineer
Our client, in Mayo is currently looking to recruit a Process Control Engineer for their site.
Working within the Engineering Function, the objective of this role is to support the highly automated production processes at our leading edge process manufacturing plant based in Mayo. This involves interrogating, at PLC level, machines and processes that support the overall automated production systems which run on a 24 hour basis. Reporting to the Automation Manager, this position involves shift work therefore flexibility is required.
- Provide Automation Helpdesk support, un-assisted, in a highly automated, manufacturing environment to enable production to achieve its production targets, to appropriate KORE quality, safety and environmental standards.
- Develop, test and implement robust technical solutions for recurring or significant downtime issues.
- Development of proactive Engineering solutions.
- Develop capital submissions on a rolling basis for automation obsolescence and improvement projects.
- Develop comprehensive obsolescence profiles for hardware and software systems for 5, 10, 15 year time horizons.
- Apply operational excellence tools and techniques to continuously improve our processes and eliminate waste.
- Drives innovation
- Collaborate with the system, customers and key stakeholders
- Act like an owner
- Inspire others
- Develop self and others
- Rockwell controllers - ControlLogix 5000, SLC 500 & PLC5 programming.
- Knowledge of RSNetworks - ControlNet and DeviceNet
- Experience of Wonderware InTouch SCADA configurations.
- Electrical & Instrumentation expertise.
- Knowledge of recipe and Rockwell FT Batch software.
- Knowledge / background in VB, C# and SQL is an advantage.
Previous Work Experience
- A minimum of 3 years systems support experience.
- Demonstrated experience of delivering enhancements to systems
- A recognised Diploma or Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
For further information on this Process Control Engineer role in Mayo please contact Anne on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval