The objective of this Process Control (Software Applications) Engineer is to support technical aspects of the value work-stream from a core automation engineering-based skillset, associated with Batch, PLC, SQL servers and custom C# applications. This involves interrogating at PLC/Batch level, machines and processes that support the overall automated production systems. This is a key business requirement in a highly automated, complex, lean driven, batch manufacturing environment, supplying a worldwide customer base. This role reports to the Automation Manager and is based at our process manufacturing plant.
- Apply proactive and methodical approach to trouble shooting daily shift production issues with cross functional teams;
- Perform detailed, technical breakdown analysis of losses / inefficiencies in your work stream and to ensure that quantitative, automated data is readily available to stakeholders in a timely manner;
- Take ownership and lead the development, agreement and execution of cross functional resolution plans in order to address gaps in throughput, quality, safety and environmental metrics;
- Project manages automation centred projects & control system modification, ensuring that verification & validation procedures are implemented;
- Provide technology roadmap in line with the business strategic direction.
- Apply operational excellence tools and techniques to continuously improve our processes and eliminate waste.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) participation in world - wide distributed work teams within the system to leverage learnings and to ensure standardization.
- Benchmarking with other organizations to ensure best practice.
- A minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience is essential in programming systems support preferably in a food or process environment.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Well-structured methodical approach to work.
- Good judgement and decision-making skills.
- Strategic in approach.
Previous Work Experience & Skills
- Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems essential
- Proficient with .NET framework 2.0 - 4.5+ essential
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server 2005-2016 essential
- Experience with popular web application frameworks and windows Web Services
- Proficient with Windows Presentation Framework, creating database schemas that represent and support business processes and implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, VSS, TFS)
- Experience with XML and JSON an advantage
- Experience with Batching software for example FT Batch or similar batching software
- Experience with server 2008 -2016 OS
- Demonstrated experience of delivering projects in a highly automated environment
- A recognised Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
For further information on this Software Engineer role in Mayo please contact Dee Curley on 091 730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval