Telephone: 086 839 5531
Process Development Engineer Galway
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Process Development Engineer for their site. The Process Development Engineer will be responsible for leading on development projects and working as part of a team.
- Development and installation of new manufacturing and process technologies to support product development and product transfers.
- Apply new technologies and methodologies to optimise process design & performance.
- Establish processes based on product specifications in line with Unit Cost metrics
- Evaluate process and design alternatives based on Design for Manufacturability principles.
- Understand principles of lean manufacturing, problem solving, DOE.
- Complete process validation for new processes and products including IQ, OQ, PQ & PPQ.
- Working with external vendors to specify, develop and commission new process technologies.
- Setting up of new manufacturing equipment/production lines including the selection and training of process technicians and product builders, as required.
- Responsibility for and understanding of work environment issues including H&S activities associated with new process development.
- Development of manufacturing processes from prototyping to full scale production.
- The manufacture and testing of prototypes.
- Design/Source Equipment and Tooling required to meet both the capability & capacity requirements
- Generate work plans & schedules for development activity and execute to plan
- Degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline, with 5yrs+ experience with manufacturing process design and optimisation within a highly regulated environment
- Previous experience of working within a medical device environment would be a distinct advantage
- Proven ability to conceptualise and deliver automated solutions
- Experienced in using Six Sigma methodology for process improvement (e.g. DMAIC) and problem solving (e.g. 6-step approach)
- Experienced in statistical analysis and use of Minitab
- Experience with manufacturing process design and optimisation
- Strong mechanical background with a good working knowledge of metals & plastics processing a distinct advantage
- It is essential that the candidate will be highly innovative, motivated and organised and have excellent planning and communication skills
If you're free for a quick chat to discuss this Process Development Engineer job in Galway or any other Engineering opportunities I have available, please contact me on 086 839 5531.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Aoife O Reilly, Engineering Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval