Telephone: 087 4108620
Process Development Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Process Development Engineer for their site.
- Lead projects to deliver new products into existing and new product families.
- Manage all stakeholder expectations Customer, Production, operations engineering, operations quality and quality systems through the product / process development process.
- Apply structured problem solving, lean principals, and best practice process development to drive product and process improvements.
- Automation of processes by working with equipment vendors and internal automation team.
- Work closely with SME’s in the business to ensure process improvements activities designed to enhance existing manufacturing capability within the company
- Work closely with Lean and Operations teams to ensure that any new processes developed meet world class manufacturing standards.
- Manage a variable workload and multiple projects to deliver to customer expectations and drive future revenue.
- Design and introduce manufacturing processes for new products to increase capabilities and efficiencies delivering a competitive edge to the company and their customers.
- Ensure that complete and effective validations are carried out on all processes before transferring to manufacture.
- Manage external relationships with Technology providers / Suppliers.
- Work in compliance to company systems and processes.
- Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost using Lean / 6 sigma methodologies.
- Investigate state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled. .
- Engineering degree, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Medical Device or similar quality and manufacturing systems would be very desirable.
- Experience working in high volume automated assembly would be a distinct advantage.
- Working knowledge of process development, six sigma and/or lean engineering principles would be very desirable.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make and Implement decisions.
For further information on this Process Development Engineer role in Galway please contact Edel Kelly on 087 4108620 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval