Our client, a global medical device leader is recruiting for a Process Development Engineer for their Galway site. The PD Engineer works closely with R&D and manufacturing in the development of next generation products focusing on the development of robust, capable, cost effective & safe manufacturing processes, equipment, materials and products and supports efficient and effective transfer of new products & processes into commercial production.
- Demonstrates strong technical expertise on process/product technologies to support selection, design, optimisation, validation and troubleshooting of, and can mentor engineers and technicians in problem resolution on, those technologies.
- Liaises with Equipment Engineering or external equipment/tooling or material vendors in the selection, design & development of new (or upgrades to existing) equipment, tooling and materials.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of DFSS/DMAIC tools and applies these tools in the characterization, optimization and troubleshooting of process equipment and technology performance.
- Leads the development and execution of experimentation and testing to enable characterisation, optimization and troubleshooting of key processes and equipment. and summarises, analyses and draws conclusions from test results leading to effective technical resolution.
- Co-ordinates the introduction of new processes, equipment and materials including installation, calibration, EHS assessment debug, and all associated process and quality system documentation requirements including technical and process work instructions.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and application of Lean methodologies, and process improvement tools in identification and elimination of "waste" process steps and development of efficient, cost effective equipment and processes.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and application of Process and equipment validation techniques, PFMEA’s, and associated regulatory requirements and applies this knowledge in the efficient & timely validation of equipment and processes.
- Completes or leads the writing and release of process validation documentation including FMEA's, Validation Plans, protocols and reports.
- Co-ordinates execution and documentation of validation builds, co-ordinates testing of validation units and the compilation, analysis and reporting of the validation results.
- Supervision of one or more Technicians, managing their technical development and facilitating their daily and project tasks.
- Demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Ensures all direct reports are aware of their commitment to patient safety and product quality, are current with their training requirements and that they understand and comply with all other regulations governing their work.
- Understands and complies with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline, with 2-3yrs+ experience with manufacturing process design and optimisation within a highly regulated environment
- Previous experience of working within a medical device environment would be a distinct advantage
- Proven ability to conceptualise and deliver automated solutions
- Experienced in using Six Sigma methodology for process improvement (e.g. DMAIC) and problem solving (e.g. 6-step approach)
- Experienced in statistical analysis
- Experience with manufacturing process design and optimisation
- It is essential that the candidate will be highly innovative, motivated and organised and have excellent planning and communication skills
For further information on this Engineer role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.