This is an exciting new Process Development Engineer position responsible for leading the development of new manufacturing technologies in our Device Development product design and manufacturing business.
- Lead process development on development projects, working as part of the project team.
- Development and installation of new manufacturing and process technologies to support product development and product transfers.
- Apply new technologies and methodologies to optimise process design & performance.
- Establish processes based on product specifications in line with Unit Cost metrics
- Evaluate process and design alternatives based on Design for Manufacturability principles.
- Understand principles of lean manufacturing, problem solving, DOE.
- Complete process validation for new processes and products including IQ, OQ, PQ & PPQ
- Working with external vendors to specify, develop and commission new process technologies.
- Setting up of new manufacturing equipment/production lines including the selection and training of process technicians and product builders, as required.
- Responsibility for and understanding of work environment issues including H&S activities associated with new process development.
- Development of manufacturing processes from prototyping to full scale production.
- Design/Source Equipment and Tooling required to meet both the capability & capacity requirements
- Generate work plans & schedules for development activity and execute to plan
- Level 8 degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- 3 yrs+ experience with manufacturing process design and optimisation within a highly regulated environment.
- Previous experience of working within a medical device environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Experienced in using Six Sigma methodology for process improvement (e.g. DMAIC) and problem solving (e.g. 6-step approach).
- Experienced in statistical analysis and use of Minitab.
- Experience with manufacturing process design and optimisation.
- Strong mechanical background with a good working knowledge of metals & plastics processing a distinct advantage.
For further info on this role please contact Anna McGowan on 086 4667369 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.